Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deja vu attacks  (Read 13979 times)

Joyce

Deja vu attacks
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:11:20 PM »

I've had this in the past, some 6 or 7 years ago when I was very stressed at work. I gave up work to look after eldest GD & all was well again. Was referred to psychiatrist & was told it was anxiety.

This past week or so these Deja Vu episodes have come back, much stronger than ever. Just had one whilst cooking tea tonight, had to go & lie down for a few minutes until it passed. This time round I have been getting burning sensation rising from my lower tum. It's so horrid. Makes me feel faint & nauseous.

I could only manage some of my meal as nauseous.

Can't sleep at night either, don't know if it's connected or not.

Anyone get this really badly?

Taz2

Re: Deja vu attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05:15:36 PM »

What exactly do you mean by deja vu cubagirl?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:32:14 PM »

Hard to describe Taz. I'll be minding my own business & suddenly I get this feeling of being there before doing same thing etc, though don't remember actually being there before. Does that make sense? It totally overwhelms me.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:37:40 PM »

I've had those in the past usually accompanied by a feeling like I was on a chair-o-plane ride so that for a minute it's as if my stomach drops away. I mentioned them to my GP who was concerned that it could be a partial-seizure. Tests came back ok but, now and again, I still get those feelings. I don't get wiped out by them though although I remember it was one of the questions the GP asked me at the time.  This is from an American epilepsy site

"Simple Partial Seizures
During a simple partial seizure, formerly known as a focal seizure, the individual remains aware. A simple partial seizure may involve sensory, motor, psychic, or autonomic symptoms. These symptoms result in the person experiencing an unusual sensation, feeling or movement called an aura. The aura may be a distortion in sight, sound, or smell where a person sees, hears, smells things that are not there. It may also be a sudden uncontrollable jerky movement of one area of the body, such as the arm, leg or face. A person may experience a sudden overwhelming emotion, such as joy, sadness, fear or anger. Others may experience stomach upset, dizziness, a shiver, a tingling or burning sensation, pallor or flushing. Occasionally there will be the experience of déjà vu during which a person has the sensation of having experienced something before.

The seizure usually begins suddenly and lasts seconds to minutes. An aura is a simple partial seizure that may occur alone or may progress to a complex partial seizure or a generalized seizure. If the aura indicates the onset of a complex partial seizure or generalized seizure, it can sometimes be used as a warning signal to allow a person to take the necessary precautions to avoid injury."

Taz x  :hug:

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 05:45:43 PM »

Taz, that describes it pretty well.  Did you get treatment or did it just pass on it's own? Last time I had it there was an underlying cause, but this time only mild anxiety from time to time, which I take Citalopram for. Fortunately only getting about once a day at most. Last time it could be two or three times a day.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »

I have strange 'done this before' feelings too.  Usually relating to guilt  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »

I still get it occasionally but didn't need treatment. The GP just wanted to make sure that nothing electrical was going wrong in the brain. I only mentioned it in passing and was a bit worried when she sent me for an MRI!  I wasn't suffering from anxiety at the time but it does seem to be something that can happen if you are anxious.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »

Did wonder about that Hasty. Will see how it goes. Never had after long flights before, however, never say never.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »

Tired, but only had 4 hours sleep. Went for swim though, getting back to normal routine. 

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 04:20:34 PM »

Certainly hope it's jetlag.

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 10:57:00 PM »

I have had this sort of thing happen to me.
I just know it has happened before but where/when I just don't know. It is just a flash of time. It may be something said or seen but it triggers a feeling that it's already happened. Almost like a dream I have had at sometime in my life. Weird.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 06:47:38 AM »

I think most of us have that feeling that we've done this before or had the same conversation before but the difference is in whether it makes you feel ill as well. That shattered feeling that you can get after you've had high anxiety or a feeling of dizziness or nausea. This is what the GP picked up on with me - not so much the Deja Vu feeling but the whirling, stomach dropping away sensation.

Hope you are feeling better now CG.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 08:30:29 AM »

It is horrid when it happens Taz. I'm lucky that I can usually get myself to safety. When I got it a few years back, it once happened whilst driving. Fortunately I was able to pull over until it passed. These ones are so much stronger than last time though.  Didn't have any yesterday.

Cazikins

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 08:59:50 AM »

Crikey CG that does sound frightening. I hope you don't get anymore, I didn't realise you could get it that bad.
 Cazi x

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »

Got one just as I was stepping out of bath this morning. Blooming horrid, thought I was going to throw up. Sat down on the floor in until it passed. Did some deep breathing. Wish I knew what was causing this. Didn't know last time, but they reckoned it was severe anxiety. It passed eventually. I'm now wondering if it's connected to blood pressure. Any ideas ladies?
Pages: [1] 2