Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to HRT - would like to check my concerns...  (Read 2263 times)

sap22

New to HRT - would like to check my concerns...
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »

Hi.... I have done the first week's loading dose of vagifem (another week to go) then 5 per week. Plus I started the utrogestan & patches a few days ago. I just have a few worries going round in my mind and wondered if anyone had found the same things...here goes! (1) I worry I am not inserting it deep enough...I go as far as is comfortable before there is resistance but it's not 8-10 cm - I don't like to force it. Sometimes it glides in ok (I use lubrication) and sometimes I have more of a problem. I raise pelvis up and breathe out but still it's variable. Does it matter?  (2)Occasionally when I click the applicator and the pessary comes out I feel a slight pain/sting - do other people find this? (3) Last night after the 2 insertions I felt sore and almost burny inside, which then prevented me from sleeping - does anyone else find this and might it go after a while of use? (I currently have VA/vaginitis for last 5 weeks). (4) I have been using Hyalofemme which thankfully agrees with me but am thinking about also trying Balance Activ as Dr suggested it for vaginal PH. I am not sure if they are similar - Hyalofemme is a rehydrating gel with a derivative of Hyalauric acid. I am worried Balance Activ might sting, but if it's a good idea to try instead or as well as Hyalofemme then whether to use the pessary (sick of pessaries though!) or the gel..any thoughts?
Sorry for these long questions but I have been saving them up for those who can relate and reassure me...I am a bit of a baby with all this, never having had children! (Also been in a lot of discomfort & inflammation for several weeks).  Many thanks in advance.xx

babyjane

Re: New to HRT - would like to check my concerns...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »

If you have had VA for a while the vaginal walls could be thin and sensitive.  I experienced discomfort on and off for about three weeks then all was fine and that was 5 years ago.

Mine rarely goes right up, I just send it as far as comfortable, long haul or short haul.  As long as it goes in the active ingredient should surely get absorbed, well mine does because it is effective at keeping me comfortable.

sap22

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »

If you have had VA for a while the vaginal walls could be thin and sensitive.  I experienced discomfort on and off for about three weeks then all was fine and that was 5 years ago.

Mine rarely goes right up, I just send it as far as comfortable, long haul or short haul.  As long as it goes in the active ingredient should surely get absorbed, well mine does because it is effective at keeping me comfortable.

Thanks - that's reassuring...  I am still feeling sore today, but will persevere. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

Little steps ……… when I had the feeling of razor blades up there it took several nights B4 I could do a full insert of the pessaries I had been prescribed [now withdrawn  >:(] so have Ovestin1mg every night initially by applicator which usually goes up OK.  If the skin is thin as suggested then it will be sore and might nip a bit.