Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: No energy to pack!!!  (Read 8699 times)

Justjules

No energy to pack!!!
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »

Off on holiday early hours of Monday morning to Spain....so mad with myself as I have left packing until last minute and no time to do it tomorrow as long story, but need to travel to in-laws in two cars to leave one their for coming home so that's half a day and mornings are a complete no no energy wise and family coming tomorrow night  :(.... I am going to attempt it tonight but after being out all day with my granddaughter and elderly Mum, I am so worn out and have zero energy to put the iron on and sort clothes out.....stupid woman...I am now getting anxious and stressed and over faced ..... Option is to just chuck it all in the suitcase and iron it when I am there but it's boiling hot over there....just ranting, fed up of lack of stamina, I read some comment on here once to say 'someone has removed my batteries' and that's exactly how I feel!! I know I need time to build myself up again but this is ridiculous, feel about 95 right now  :'(

Milamam

Re: No energy to pack!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »

Don't iron! Save yourself the nerves and trouble! At the end no one will care if your clothes are perfect if you don't feel well!
I am sure things will fall into place, have a great vacation - this is what is most important!

Justjules

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:22:32 PM »

I know Milamam, I'm my own worst enemy....like to be organised and sorted but no use stressing! Just needed a moan! Husband has gone out for the evening so thought great, chance to get myself together and not going to happen. Soooooo frustrating!

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:46:45 PM »

I gave up ironing a long time ago, except for very special outfits for very special occasions.  I cultivated a 'clean and crumpled look' and soon realised that no one actually noticed and if they did they were too polite to comment.  It's surprising how much creases hang out once you get the garment on.

Drop your standards, JJ, be kind to yourself and enjoy your holiday x

Justjules

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 07:39:36 PM »

Well I've thrown stuff into the case and thought like you say BJ and Hasty, who cares about some creases in the heat! I usually iron all my linen pants etc but have whipped the iron over them and to hell with it, it's not a fashion parade, I'm on holiday and not out to impress anyone so yes, will lower the standards and take it as it comes.... Thanks ladies, just needed permission to be a little bit lax for a change  :) it's just the anxiety trying to sneak in  :beat: x

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »

Absolutely, I have never ironed pants or socks or pyjamas, which just get crumpled up in bed anyway  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 08:11:04 PM »

What's an iron  :-X  ::)

When I  had bad panic attacks I packed weeks in advance in case I was too ill to face it closer to departure date.  Then we had several emergency trips to various hospitals so I learned to pack within 10 mins..  Still I over-pack!  As long as we both have undies enough for our time away, we can buy anything else. How much of it will you wear anyway  ::)

Get there, relax and enjoy!

Justjules

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 08:58:25 PM »

I definitely haven't overpacked this time as I intended to buy some stuff from Zara when I got there and because it's so hot, was struggling to know what to take anyway. Just wish I'd started it weeks ago....lesson learned.....holiday needed, clothes optional  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 08:57:58 AM »

I remember one year getting to our holiday cottage assuming towels were provided to find they weren't.  It all worked out, son in law drove me into the nearest town to Argos and we bought some  :)

Evelyn63

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 09:01:17 AM »

Have a lovely holiday Justjules, totally agree with the others, ironing is the last thing you should be stressing about.  During the day, it's tee shirt/ shorts or swimwear so no need to iron as no one will notice .  Linen is a waste of time ironing anyway, and you can get away with the " lived in look" 😄

Last time I went abroad was October, so when I washed the stuff in my return and ironed some of it, I put it all away together in spare room, as wouldn't be needing it again.This time round it was great as I just transferred it to suitcase.

dazned

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 09:21:47 AM »

I dont even own an iron,threw mine out years ago,lifes too short !    ;)

coldethyl

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »

Have a lovely time. Ironing is for people who have nothing better to do with their lives ;-)
Remember this is your holiday too so if you feel that chilling refacing a book is all you can manage, then do it and let OH do his own thing. We are not each other's keepers! Xx

Justjules

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »

Thanks ladies. Apart from nausea, which has plagued me all week and an upset stomach today, I was stressing about OH's packing....he drags all sorts of dire stuff from the depths of the wardrobes, has the house totally messed up with stuff everywhere but now I've thought sod it, if he wants to look like a total moron, you're right Coldethyl, I am not his keeper, I'm going to concentrate on me. Holidays are not supposed to be stressful! x

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »

But they are.  Planning. Booking. Agreeing where to go for starters  ::).  You can pretend you aren't with him once you arrive ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 06:38:08 PM »

No good when Himself asks 'where's such and such, I was planning to wear it this week' so I now get him to lay out what he thinks he will require then I add a few extras 'in case'. 
Pages: [1] 2 3