Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ok to not have a bleed?  (Read 1644 times)

Trufflecat

Ok to not have a bleed?
« on: June 10, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »

In month 4 of Utrogestan 200mg for 7 days and two pumps a day of Oestrogel. This to suit me best of the combinations that I have tried. The only thing is, that apart from a tiny bit of spotting a couple of months back, I have not had a bleed. Just been to the GP as she wanted to see me after a few months, and she is not worried by this. She said that if my lining was building up then I would be bleeding.  Now she's a good doc and I appreciate her willingness to listen and prescribe me stuff she hasn't heard of, but is she right?

Sweetscarlett

Re: Ok to not have a bleed?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:46:53 PM »

Trufflecat , I'm on Femoston have been on it for about 4 months and no bleed as yet. I have asked every medical person I meet and they have all said its fine not to , including my gyno and my own doctor so I'm not worried by this. I also asked on here and was told that  it meant the lining of the womb could be thin and therefore there is no build up. I'm not sure if a bleed will occur at some time tho ? (I'm still waiting)
 Hope this helps
 💙💙💙💙💙💜Ss xx

Liz

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »

I've been bleeding half way through the cycle the last couple of months.  I've always had some sort of bleed on the Gel/Utro combo myself, but I guess it depends on where you are in meno, etc.  I do take 12 x 200mg Utro though.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:18 PM »

Sometimes I wonder about the 7 days - whether it is actually long enough for the progesterone to change the endometrium to secretory - which is then shed when progesterone is reduced. I don't know whether in 7 days, in the absence of any other progesterone (if you are post-meno) it works on some/most of the endometrium. However as you doctor says, it is bleeding that is the problem, not lack of it. If the 7 days progesterone was insufficient, your womb lining would build up and bleed spontaneously - not at the "proper" time. The progesterone (I think) would then work even if it didn't completely thin the whole lining  ???

Hurdity x

Trufflecat

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »

Interesting. Thank you. I did have a period when she accidentally  put me on the list Meno regeime of 100mg for 25 days. Since the 7 days, not really apart from minor spotting and that is not around day 10, when you might expect it, it is around day 18. I am in peri and was having periods of my own, although they were getting slightly irregular. I am 53.

Hurdity, you think it sounds as though it's ok then? I wonder whether 10 days might be better, only three more days of feeling paranoid.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:25:46 PM by Trufflecat »