Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gynae thinks im crazy!! Help  (Read 4420 times)

cheezel

Gynae thinks im crazy!! Help
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:00:43 AM »

Hi all,
So i emailed my gynae re being on continuous progesterone and 400mg pessaries as i feel its too much for me. Asked her a few questions re where to go nxt ie tablet or change dosage etc etc....she replied saying im to stay on the hrt and that she thinks ive a baseline anxiety disorder and need to talk to my gp re same??? None of my questions were answered...again. What do you guys think? Time to change gynae? I think im too much hassle for her and she doesnt seem to like me questioning her at all!!

saffy123

Re: Gynae thinks im crazy!! Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »

She sounds as useless as the many doctors I've seen. My gynae wanted to open up my cesarean scar because he wouldn't have it that my bladder problems were hormone related. Defo find yourself someone who will listen and actually cares xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:01:48 AM »

Back to your GP?

cheezel

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:32 AM »

Going to gp tmrw...god im sooo sick of this...going into wk 8 of hrt now and still v ill....hoping things will start settling down soon.....its bloody hardgoing ladies...dont know what id do without your support!!

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »

well you won't need to find out because you have it for as long as you want it  :)

saffy123

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »

Good luck with your appointment, so hoping things will settle down for you. I have also got an appointment Friday, BCP has sent my bladder loopy and how am I suppose to deal with a 7 day break  >:( Oh how I wish there was a simple solution. I found that Estrogel helped me, but only ever reduced for my own progesterone to produce a period, not ideal, so I have to try and find a progesterone that is bladder friendly ???
Here's hoping we find some answers xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 05:27:53 PM »

Let us know how you get on cheezel. As for the anxiety disorder - have you suffered in this way throughout your life? Otherwise it is due to the hormonal upheaval of menopause. I definitely would not want to be taking 400 mg Cyclogest all the time. As I said in previous post on another thread - that was the dose for cyclical HRT (and for a medium dose oestrogen - in my case a 50 mcg patch) not continuous, so would be probably half the dose for a monthly cycle. The pessaries came in 200 mg doses too back then - not sure if they still do?

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 07:48:19 PM »

Grrrrrr!  How patronising of your gynae.  I'd change if possible.  As Hurdity says, if anxiety has only started with menopause then it is hormonal - amazing how many medical people won't accept that. 

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 08:02:49 PM »

WTF is a 'baseline anxiety disorder'  :-\  :-X

cheezel

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 08:21:26 AM »

Well girls,
Unfortunately im sliding down a slippery slope....cant eat cant get out of bed no energy...feel like my life is over...ive never had any issues before...ive suffered with anxiety as in socially...i cant do presentations as i get inordinately nervous etc...i started femoston 2/10 two days ago so hoping this helps as i told my gp Prof John Studd says if you never had depression or anxiety its purely hormonal and you need increased oestrogen. I dont know girls...v v v down

Dorothy

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 09:23:43 AM »

Hang in there, cheezel!  It will take a while for anything new to take effect, but hopefully the femoston will help.  Sending you huge hugs x      Hope you feel better soon

Milamam

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 09:29:04 AM »

Cheezel, poor thing! Surely Femoston will help! It is a great preparation with a very kind progestogen, just you have to be patient - give at at least one full cycle to work, three to four months at best! I have been on Femoston 2/10 for 2 years now and started like you - couldn't get up or go out or do anything. I was back to normal within 4 months. I am 45 now, was 43 at the time, and peri really caught me by surprise , to say the least ....
Good luck!
Milamam

saffy123

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »

I know exactly how you are feeling, the anxiety is awful....but please keep reminding yourself this awful feeling is due only to decreasing hormone levels, you are still the same you. My anxiety has got so much better since starting Hrt... and believe me you I started from a very low place...I didn't recognise myself and I was at the point where I didn't want or feel I could go on....
Hrt does take time to work, so bear with it. I'm currently working my way up to a higher dose as I still have very bad bladder problems, I have always been reluctant to do so, but I'm now of the opinion 'give my body what it needs' and I feel being younger (42) I need a bigger dose. Sending you big hugs and know that you are not alone xx

cheezel

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »

Tk you all for your replies...day 3 and killer nausea but will perservere...no choice really...hoping the nausea decreases....milamam im hoping this one works ...sth has to....heading to my mams for a few days as i need a break from the kids..feel awful saying that but im just exhausted with all the ups and downs....im on hrt 8 wks now and not really stabilising at all on patches so trying femoston now

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »

HORMONES! can make us feel dreadful  :-\ ……….. will you feel better with your Mam?
Pages: [1] 2