Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Morning sickness on HRT  (Read 4051 times)

Mojo61

Morning sickness on HRT
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:26:30 AM »

Hi ladies. I've been on HRT for about 3 months now and over the past month or so I have felt really nauseated in the mornings, sometimes to the point of actually retching. Could this be as a result of the hormones in the HRT because I didn't have it before starting the patches? Is there anything I can do to ease this? I am 3 years post meno.

Thank you

dangermouse

Re: Morning sickness on HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:45:07 AM »

Yes it could be from too high oestrogen in the patch which is like in early pregnancy and for those not on HRT with oestrogen surges.

Maybe you could get a slightly lower oestrogen dose patch to try?

Mojo61

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:53:43 AM »

Thank you. I am on the lowest dose I think.

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »

Perhaps you could switch to Oestrogel so you could have an even smaller dose?

If it had happened in first few months then it could have just been your body getting used to it, but to happen after does sound like you're getting too much.

clare663

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:26 AM »

Hi Mojo61. What patches are you on? Im 5 yrs post meno and have been on Evorel conti patched for 6 weeks and I am getting the nausea back! Was considering cutting the patch down again buit then think maybe this is just a side effect that will go as I had sore boobs for a week and that went. Maybe it is just our bodys getting used to it or maybe its caused by our own hormaones having a serge as I know this happens for quite some time post meno.