Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Third day of estelle combined continuous HRT, Is any out there taking.  (Read 1637 times)

Nanadotty

Hi everyone, I thought I was doing quite well with my menopause, haven't had a period for two years now. But i had to visit my GP last week with all kinds of things going on. The vaginal dryness was unbearable and the worsed it's ever been. While I was there I told her about feeling like an old lady with all the aches and pain I had, if I keep on the move I'm fine but sit down for as little as ten minutes and I stiffen up. She give me a good examination testing the strength in my muscle and my flexibility, which is rubbish. I've never been overly bendy but touching my toes was never a problem but at the minute I feel that my hamstrings have turn to stone. As I said to my GP im only 55 and I want to feel 55 again instead of 80.  So a week ago today she gave me some estrogen cream for my lady parts and took some blood to check for anything that might be going on with my muscles. Monday morning she rang to say my bloods were fine and she thought I was an ideal candidate for HRT. She could hear the I my voice that I wasn't keen so she asked me to check out the menopause matters website before I decided so I had a quick read of some really great things on the site and wondered why I had thought of taking HRT before. I was straight back on the phone to say yes, yes, yes please but she had gone home for the day so I was back on the phone the next day for my prescription and here I am today only three pills in and waiting for relief.
What I'm hoping for is someone to tell me it's works really quickly and it was the best decision I will have ever made. I can't wait to feel like my old self again but to tell the truth I've forgotten who she is.
Hope to hear from someone some. That's if you managed to get to the end of this ramble.

dazned

Hi :welcomemm:

I was on elleste duet for years and did really well on it,as you will find from reading on here we are all different and its a bit of trial and error where hrt is concerned. Just remember that there are 1000s of women out there using elleste and doing great so much so they dont feel the need to post on forums like this  ;)

Dont be too impatient it can take a couple of months before you get the full benefits also try to be realistic,we aint gonna be like we were when we were 30 !  ;D

Hurdity

Hi Nanadotty

:welcomemm: from me too.

Hope you start to feel better really soon! I started to take HRT in late peri-menopause at just under 54 and have been on it more or less continuously ever since and I'm now 63 - have never looked back. Initially I definitely felt much more like my old self and even now although I am in my 60's, I am still able to do loads of things and don't feel like an old lady - as you describe! Have a few aches and pains - but that is to be expected. I go to exercise classes to keep fit and go on walking holidays.

Here's to the new you - as hopefully you will gradually see an improvement! :)

Hurdity x

Nanadotty

Thanks ladies, I'm very greatfull for your replies. Dazned you're so right anyone who feels well doesn't tend to come on these sites there are to busy enjoying life. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my life, I work but work is very physical and I'm exhausted most of the time. It was good to hear that you both got on well with estelle HRT. I don't know if I'm just imagining it but with nearly two weeks of estrogen cream and a few days of HRT I do feel less ache and pains in my legs today.
Thanks again :)