Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: coming off HRT Sequi patches  (Read 4916 times)

Libbygrace

coming off HRT Sequi patches
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am considering coming off HRT due to various side effects . can anyone advise me on how to come off Evorel Sequi patches ? I know it has to be done gradually ? I have done lots of reading up on how to prepare for this with supplements & diet etc

Many thanks 

Taz2

Re: coming off HRT Sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:08 PM »

Hi Libbygrace. I have come off using the cold turkey method and also by tapering off gradually over six months and the end result was the same so, for me, it made no difference which way I did it.

Taz x

Libbygrace

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:05:40 PM »

Thanks Taz
Not sure how I can reduce the dosage especially with it being patches over a period of time ?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »

I had to cut mine down to a half and then to a quarter - it was very fiddly!

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 05:36:27 AM »

Hi Libbygrace, very interested in your thread, as im also on the patches and im not sure whether to come off for a while and see how I am or continue, are you thinking of taking any supplements when you come off, I did wonder about calcium etc for bones, omega 3..... just wasn't sure.....

Libbygrace

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »

Hi robotwars
I have read that I need to prepare my body with supplements , diet etc and not just come off as I will be putting my body under pressure . Read an article by Marilyn Glenvele she gives information about supplements etc very interesting read.  I decided to take my combined part of the sequi patch off on Monday and just come off , but within 3 days I had brain fog so put another one on . Until I look into it further, not sure if I want periods and being on this patch I have a monthly bleed. If I go on the combined patch conti I have a bleed every 2 weeks due to still having my own hormones . I'm 55 fit exercise and don't have any weight issues so I'm very lucky . I may just cut the patch a little to see how it goes 😊