Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Period pains all the time  (Read 2652 times)

anagallisarvensis

Period pains all the time
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »

I'm 51 and it's been five weeks now with constant period pains. My last period was at the end of March. I have seen my GP and she's done a blood test, normal and booked me in for an ultrasound scan. I'm taking ibuprofen 2 or 3 times a day and paracetamol. It feels as if someone is wringing out my lower regions like a wet towel. I never used to get bad period pains with my regular periods. Any idea how long this will go on for? It's really annoying. I don't feel at all premenstrual - not ratty or strung out. In fact I feel very well apart from this constant pain. When the painkillers wear off it's miserable. I did try going without but ended up going to bed with a hot water bottle - I've never had to do that before. I go for walks and do line dancing - moderate exercise seems to help a bit, but when I'm driving or working at my computer the cramps are really severe.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period pains all the time
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »

Speak with a Pharmacist tomorrow?  I took 'feminax' because my pains were dire  :'(.  He/she can advise how much pain relief you can *actually* take.

anagallisarvensis

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 08:58:25 AM »

Periods had been much closer together than previously until last month when I 'missed' one. Re alternative painkillers - thank you - I'll have a word with the pharmacist.At first the doctor prescribed co codamol but just one dose made me so sleepy I knew I was unsafe to drive.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 10:20:55 AM »

Hi Scarlet Pimpernel  ;)

:welcomemm: !!!

We have a long-running Wild Birds and Nature thread in the This and That section....

Sorry to hear about your pains but good that you are being checked out - hope you have a diagnosis soon.  What blood tests did you have?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hurdity x