Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Having to use wheelchair now!  (Read 2426 times)

countrybumpkin

Having to use wheelchair now!
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »

I have posted about my back problems and 3 weeks ago developed severe nerve pain from back into hips and down my left leg whenever I stood up and walked. Can manage about 30 seconds before the pain hits.
I have tried loads of pain relief and now taking gabapentin although having to increase dose slowly as it zonks me out so not up to pain relief levels yet.  I had my mri scan on Monday and am now waiting for results.  I had to use a wheelchair at the hospital as I could not walk from car to scanner :(
I went for a haircut today and thought I could do it as my husband dropped me off at door and I only had to walk in and sit down but by time I got home I was in agony. Its easing off now I am sitting.
Decided we had better borrow a red cross wheelchair asap as I cannot even get into my Dr surgery from the car park.
My poor husband also had a bad back and he is not really capable of pushing me in a wheelchair :-\
I am trying to stay positive and thinking that eventually something can be done to help this pain but some days like today I feel awfully down and worried.

Hurdity

Re: Having to use wheelchair now!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:52:01 PM »

I haven't followed your story but very sorry to hear this countrybumpkin and hope you get some relief soon and a proper diagnosis.

Hurdity x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »

Thanks both. Waiting for the results of scan is hard - the nhs is wonderful but can be so slow. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »

Gentle  :hug:

Dyan

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:28:12 AM »

Countrybumpkin- :bighug:

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »