Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Itchy ribs  (Read 3531 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Itchy ribs
« on: May 17, 2016, 07:37:35 PM »

… is the way I have described the sensations since a child.  Which were dismissed as imagination  >:(.  It starts slightly behind my lower rib cage deeply inside and drifts to the fatty area on my back which would be level with the bottom ribs.  Of course, being internal and under the rib cage, I can't get at it to scratch  >:(.

Once the cold symptoms go away, the sensation stops  :-\

Lizab

Re: Itchy ribs
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »

It's just your imagination  ;D

No, really, I don't know. Is it only when you have a cold? Maybe it's a mild pleurisy? I used to get intense pain in the same place you describe if I didn't stop my daily run when I had a cold.

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »

Do you have a cough with the "itch"

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »

Yep.  The itch spread down my fatty bits over the ribs into my waist area last night  ::)

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »

Definitely related to the cold, I get that itch but in a different area, cannot even begin to describe..... :-\ its in the little tubes between ear and brain thats the only way I can begin to describe the area,  its deep set and really itches and Dr looks at me as if I have lost the plot.....not something one can scratch, drives me insane, so I feel your pain, hope it passes over soon.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 08:01:51 AM »

Thanks.  It becomes problematic as the day progresses. Once the cold has run it's Course the symptoms will go and I forget about them  ::)