Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Side effects  (Read 3008 times)

clare663

Side effects
« on: May 16, 2016, 09:24:54 AM »

Hi All, have been on the Evorel Conti patch for 3 weeks now and have woken up this morning with a really bad pain in my jaw, really hurt when I yawned!! Has anyone else had this?

Cazikins

Re: Side effects
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »

It doesn't sound like anything to do with the HRT, maybe you were clenching your jaw in your sleep last night??? is this the first time it has happened?

clare663

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »

Hi Cazikins
Yeah the first time it has happened. you are probable right ansd it is me linking all strange things to it!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 02:38:10 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop the ligaments become lax - could that be your problem?

clare663

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »

Hi CLKD thats possible I guess but shouldnt my levels be rising as Im on the patches? I am finding this whole menopausal thing confussing! Dont know what causes the hot flushes or the low moods or the anxiety etc how I wish more ladies spoke about it and then I might have been a bit more clued up when it happened!!!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:53:54 PM »

If you are confused, you are in the 'right' place  ;)

Do you have a dental appt. soon, maybe a mouth guard if you are grinding your teeth?

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »

If you are confused, you are in the 'right' place  ;)

Very true.  The ladies here speak about it all the time so you are among friends.

CLKD I had a mouth guard but I bit through it within 8 weeks  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 03:18:57 PM »

:o  ………  :-X  did you miss your tongue  :D

clare663

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 03:34:33 PM »

Do I grind my teeth!! Yes so much so I have lost most of the top ones through to grinding and loosening them as I have very short roots! It feels more like an ache just past the hinge if that makes sense. I can eat and talk (much to my partners disappointment) but cant open my mouth very wide (again partners disappointment) and it hurts when I yawn!!

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 04:18:13 PM »

clare 663 may I suggest you look up TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder.  This is the posh name for the jaw joint.  It is what I have and sounds very like your problem.  If grinding affects your teeth that much maybe you need to have a chat with your dentist or ask to be referred to the maxillo facial clinic.

I only got a handle on mine when I started seeing a chiropractor.  all the NHS gave me was physiotherapy but my jaw was misaligned.

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 04:44:30 PM »

I also have a misaligned jaw and should have had it corrected with braces when I was younger.  It's too expensive now and too much faff at my age!

clare663

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:51 AM »

Hi all, thank you for your suggestions. I will look it up and yes I catch my cheeks quite often! My mum also has a clicky jaw and her dentist was horrified when he dislocated it unintentionally when carrying out some routine dental work!! My jaw doesnt click but seems quite mobile so I will make an appointment. I have ground my teeth constantly for years and had a guard but it just made me gag!! Not an option now thanks to some false teeth!!