Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Update on Livial and me  (Read 2387 times)

warwick01

Update on Livial and me
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:49:42 AM »

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to update you with regards 3 weeks into Livial. Let me start with the positives

-Improvement with vertigo
 -more energy
 -mood more stable
 -no hot flushes/night sweats

However the negatives:

-extreme burning and cystitis (this may be due to reduction in estragon) was using 3 pumps per day.
 - nausea loose bowels every morning, flatulence throughout the day

- had really bad panicky feeling along with anxiety and feeling of dumb :(

I can't cope with the anxiety as it scares me, I just want to run but don't know where to?

Does anyone know if these symptoms will settle (Livial is my last hope) ??

Wxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Update on Livial and me
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »

Are you on anything specifically for the anxiety? I think Beta Blockers can help with this.  No HRt will solve everything and actually the high oestrogen level on 3 pumps of gel per day may not have helped.   Livial will give good symptom control of flushes etc but anxiety and low mood needs a range of measures to really help. 
It is still very early day on the Livial so I think you need to be patient - great that you are already getting some benefits. :clapping: 
Re the cystitis - you need to drink plenty of water and once or twice a day drink half a teaspoon of bicarb in water or barley water - avoid caffein and acidic drinks.  Also try using some vaginal moisturisers - I use Multi Gyn Actigel or Sylk as this will get the vaginal flora back to normal.  If you have loose bowels then bacteria from your gut can easily get to the vaginal area and give this burning and can cause cystitis - make sure you are really clean after opening your bowels. Eat small amounts often and do try to RELAX.  Relaxation is very, very important and not easy to achieve - relaxation techniques need to be practised regularly.   Take care.  DG x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 06:12:54 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl

Thanks for the advice. Where can I buy silk ?? I am of the opinion my symptoms are due to a reduction in estragon as I have been on a high dose for over 3 years before becoming sensitized  to the gel which stopped working.

Previously when I tried patches, the day the patch was due to be changed I would get the feeling of panic/ doom wash over me. I guess its the same situation now. Hopefully in a few weeks once the Livial gets into my system thing will settle.

My mood is better.....just this anxiety and panic :(

Wxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »

warick01
I have to say that I am doubtful that you were becoming ‘sensitised' to the Oestrogel - I've used it for over 20 years and always found it very good and highly effective.  When you say “it stopped working”, do you mean all your flushes and night sweats returned?  Did the GP test your thyroid etc? If the oestrogen was simply controlling your mood and anxiety then oestrogen alone is often not enough and over time many women find they need an AD/SRRI or Beta Blockers alongside HRT to help reduce anxiety. I also find that too high an amount of oestrogen actually makes me jittery!!!
I still think it is very really days for you to judge how well Livial is working for you.  Maybe ask your GP about some beta blockers or a SRRI to help with the panic attacks and anxiety - a colleague of mine at work was getting panic attacks and her GP has given her some Beta Blockers to take when they happen and she has found they are brilliant.

You can buy SYLK and Multi Gyn Actigel on the internet (Amazon) - I would try both to see which you like better.  The Multi Gyn Actigel is particularly good for keeping a healthy flora balance, while the Sylk is good for lubrication.
DG x