Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Feeling absolutely awful!  (Read 11279 times)

Dyan

Feeling absolutely awful!
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »

I have posted before about my mirena coil. It is due for change in August.
I have been feeling awful now for weeks, anxiety,so depressed,tired,lethargic, bloating and I've gained weight around my middle,sugar cravings,low blood sugar shakes ( I do snack frequently) headaches,foggy head,no sense of well being at all,breast pain I could go on........
I have an appointment booked for 24th May. Despite calling in and asking if I can be seen sooner I'm told no I will have to wait until then. Apparently the male GP I'm seeing deals with the menopause.
Don't know if I can go on feeling this way. Every time I try and get an earlier appointment and I'm rejected I just feel worse.
I'm so fed up with the doctors surgery and my appointment seems a long way off.
Sorry, just had to rant and get it all out. DH has been good but I'm sitting here all alone with no one to rant too ;D
I'm due to go out this afternoon. I have an appointment with my chiropractor but I feel it's an effort just to get there.
Thank you ladies for being there. I feel a little better just for putting it all down.
This journey is a horrible one >:(

daisie

Re: Feeling absolutely awful!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 12:30:50 PM »

hi dyan,,you sound just like me im going through all those symptoms been like it for a long time i have problems with my doctor they just dont seem bothered every time i go i feel like im intouding or something .iv got appointment with the psychiatrist on the 3rd of june the last time i saw him was begining of february which is a long time to wait ..think thats why doctors dont do much for me while im under the psychiatrist they leave it all to him.i have the same problem now with going out its too much effort to do what i have to do  but i do get there with a bit of effert ..it is a terrible journey this menopause such a natural thing can knock you off your feet and keep you there for a long time if it is not treated with the right medication im still searching for the right one for me. its good to know you have a doctor that deals with the menopause ..hope its helped you knowing you are not on your own x daisie

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »

Feeling your pain here too...on day 3 of cycle with headaches, pains, foggy brain, adrenaline, or depression.....lets hope this peters out soon...hugs to you xxx

Justjules

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »

A return  :hug: from me Dyan.  Keep going, that's all we can do. Can you think of changing surgeries at all? X

coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »

Sorry you feel so bad. Can you not ring and say it's an emergency? My surgery offer telephone consultations and then you can be seen the same day if doctor deems it necessary - otherwise like you surgery it's weeks and weeks of waiting. What annoys me is that if you do go for an appointment the place is empty as they are all on phone or off. I can see sense in having a couple of GPs on duty a day for calls etc, but they do need to free up more routine slots. You need to be seen at your worst not at the end of the month when you might be feeling ok again.

Anjia

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

I had awful side affect from the marina coil yet my friend was fine, it was good for my heavy periods but stopped working after a while I had to have a hysterectomy in the end best thing I did hope you sort things out soon.

Dyan

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 01:34:42 PM »

Thank you all for your replies.
I'll see how I go over the weekend and if I still feel this bad on Monday I will ring the surgery.
Don't hold much hope though ::)

walking the dog

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »

It sounds very much like depression and as your seeing a psychiatrist I assume you are depressed ? Could you make an appointment to see a different gp sooner and discuss your depression ? Do you have an NHS walk in centre nearby where you coil go and they may be able to help you ? I went to one with conjunctivitis a,few years,ago burst into tears due to depression and they got me,an emergency appointment at my own gps,surgery .its just an idea

Dyan

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »

Walking the dog- sorry,I'm a bit confused with your reply. Was it meant for me or daisie? :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 04:05:34 PM »

Daisie has gone  :sigh:

Dyan

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »

Not another one :sigh:

dazned

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 04:32:42 PM »

:bighug: Dyan

Its so miserable isnt feeling like that. >:(
Can you ask at your gp if you can just turn up and wait ,explain that you just cant wait until 24 th !

walking the dog

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 04:36:26 PM »

Sorry dyan it was meant for you but I fuddled your post up with daisies in my meno brain !apologies

jgr

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »

I know how you feel, as I have said before I am post memo and have been on hrt for 5 years but I seem to be getting the weird head, shakes and feeling of something going to happen to me health wise more frequent. Started out on our holiday today driving to Southampton and have had funny head and stiff neck all day. Arrived at hotel and I am feeling horrid. Holiday starts tomorrow and all I want to do is go home, worried about being in a different country and Ill, I hate this time of my life, I just want to feel normal again.

Cherrycrumble

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 05:40:10 PM »

Hi Dyan
I have lots of the same issues, especially struggling with anxiety and have had to wait for 2 and a half weeks to see the doctor. It seems like ages ago that I booked the appointment but finally will see doctor this Monday. I've coped over the past couple of weeks just by taking it a day at a time, and dealing with my symptoms each day rather than thinking too far ahead, as that just made me feel worse. I'm hoping I'll be able to have hrt, and Monday can't come soon enough. :)
Hang in there, and know you're not alone xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4