Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: On 1 mg Elleste - should I up to 2  (Read 2023 times)

Janine64

On 1 mg Elleste - should I up to 2
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:22:49 PM »

Been on Elleste solo 6 weeks 1 mg. my symptoms have disappeared much to my delight. I have clarity in thought, no night sweats, no mood swings etc
I have started to develop sudden crashing fatigue and need to prop myself up with caffeine to get through the day. Should I increase my dose of the  Elleste? If so 1 twice a day or the 2 mg together??

Dancinggirl

Re: On 1 mg Elleste - should I up to 2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »

If your meno symptoms are under control then I would stick with your current dose.  When did you have you hyster?  If it was within the last 3-9 months then fatigue will be an issue, especially if you have been starved of oestrogen as well. Sometimes fatigue hits because when we start the oestrogen we get better quality sleep, this relaxes us and the body cries out for more R&R.  The energy will return but I believe the oestrogen takes some months to really do it's magic and get us back on track.  More oestrogen can sometimes bring other side effects and won't necessarily help - I tend to feel wired and headachy on too high a dose. I give it a few more weeks before you change anything.  You could try the patch or Oestrogel though as these deliver the oestrogen more effectively.
Actually, I'm just recovering from a truly horrid little virus that made me feel achy, dreadful palpitations and totally exhausted - all I wanted to do was sleep - I was beginning to think something terrible was going on. Yesterday spoke with a younger work colleague who was suffering exactly same symptoms and realised it must be a virus going round.  Today feeling a bit better but still weak.  We often blame hormones or HRT for fatigue but sometimes it's simply some nasty insidious virus.  DG x

Janine64

Re: On 1 mg Elleste - should I up to 2
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:56 PM »

Thanks, yes I've had a virus for about a month, so it must be that. I shall stick where I am. Had hysterectomy 13 yrs ago, left ovaries, now menopause issues