Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spaced out weird head  (Read 7716 times)

Kate50

Spaced out weird head
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »

Hi about a week or so ago I started to feel spaced out weird head focus problems. That was just  on oestrogen have started my utrogestan and I'm now feeling worse.  Plus itchy skin this time taking utrogestan. The thing is I had this after my third child but never knew what it was.  I had it for about a year until starting  acupuncture for headaches and then it just went. Any ideas I think I have read a few ladies get something similar? ?

Briony

Re: Spaced out weird head
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »

Hi Kate

I cant help other than to confirm that I have had it too. It first started after a miscarriage a few years ago along with a load of other weird hormonal symptoms. I now take the pill and it has eased massively.  When I first started taking progesterone I got the itching, but after a few months, it went. I used to get it during the first few days of taking Utrogestan each month and then, later, when I started the pill - usually on Day 8.

B

Kate50

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:08:08 AM »

Hi Briony
I think my hormones were all over after having my daughter and it took ages to settle.  Well have to see how it goes just another thing that's all!

walking the dog

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »

I get it al the time I thought it was anxiety , its awful

Briony

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »

I get the palpitations too. I am sure it's not anxiety in my case as I get it if I forget to take my pill. Initially before I knew the cause, it made me anxious, which made the palps and spaced out feeling even worse. Catch 22. Now I know the cause, it annoys me but doesn't really scare me like it used to (in the early days I was convinced I was about to drop dead on many occasions, usually in the middle of Tesco at rush hour!).

Lizab

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »

I think the weird feeling came before the anxiety for me, but is certainly connected. I felt sick, like the stuffy headed feeling of a head cold or sinus infection or even a migraine, but had no infection or headache. Off balance. I treated myself with rest, chicken soup, hot showers, even decongestants, as I thought surely I was catching something. My eyes and mouth would feel dry as if I had taken antihistamines. Because of the lack of real symptoms, I was sure I was very ill but the doctor would have no way to diagnose what was wrong, so of course the anxiety and wewpiness kicked in. After about two weeks and feeling worse and worse, I had searched the internet and suspected it was connected to menopause. The head feeling has, fingers crossed, disappeared since starting hrt, but the anxiety remains and the weepiness still pops up less frequently.

Kate50

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »

I was taking a homeopathic remedy for it last week which seem to work but not had any since starting utrogestan.  Have been awake for weekend and not had it with me so will try.  And yes sleep could be making it worse as been looking after young grandsons and their puppy so worn out with early starts!

TropicalVon69

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »

Hi, yeah I get this too...there's a fab thread on gardenweb Meno site on the weird head feelings...it has over 200 replies so you're deffo not alone  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:16:57 PM »

I get this too.  I take ADs and BBs and find that they can make me feel 'spaced' out sometimes.  When that happens I miss a dose to give my head a chance to get 'back' to 'normal' ……….

Kate50

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »

TropicalVon69
Can you put a link on?

Kate50

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »

It's gone since binning the utrogestan!

walking the dog

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »

That's interesting about utrogestran it def isn't for everyone

TropicalVon69

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:40 AM »

Hi Kate, not sure how to on my phone but if you get on the site its on the first page  :)

Jenna

jgr

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 09:42:29 AM »

I get this often and have it as i type. I am post meno and have been on HRT for 5 years, it has helped but not stopped it and i do find at the moment i am getting it more frequently, might need to change my HRT (evoril conti) or stop it to see what happens. Oh the joys  ::)
Pages: [1] 2