Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hysterectomy  (Read 5912 times)

Taz2

Re: Hysterectomy
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 11:01:18 PM »

You sound as if you are making really good progress charliegirl. Was your insurance company happy for you to begin driving? Mine made me wait eight weeks! I had twelve weeks off work altogether.

Taz x

charliegirl

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 10:43:03 AM »

Yes Taz no problems, but have to admit my tummy aches abit  afterwards. Am doing without any HRT for the time being see how it goes!x

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 10:57:14 AM »

As long as you have been advised by your insurance company that you can drive then that's ok although I would be concerned if you are experiencing tummy ache afterwards. This shows that you are putting undue pressure on your pelvic floor which will have gone through the mill during the op and needs time to get strong again. It's quite an op. It took a whole year before I felt almost back to normal although the bowel is still not right.

Taz x

charliegirl

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 05:49:57 PM »

Yes Taz , know what you mean about the bowel😟😟, neeeding to take Ducolet all the time!!! Am trying to take it easy a bit more. X

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 05:58:57 PM »

Is that a laxative? Mine was the opposite problem!! It all depends on how it settles into the gap left by the uterus apparently!! Just wanted you to know that even if you are told by consultants that all of your healing will be done by twelve weeks they don't really know what they are talking about and it takes much longer than that (in my experience) for everything to return to feeling normal.

Taz x

booboo

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »

Hi Charliegirl
I had a full hysterectomy 18 months ago - womb,cervix, ovaries etc..
4 weeks is not long atall - although I agree it feels like forever when stuck at home and cant drive etc ..I have a dog and could not walk her because she is big and tends to pull so could not risk any strain - so had to rely on someone else to assist for quite a while ...The body has to adjust and all the internal healing .. I sometimes tended to forget and would lift something, and I could feel a heavy feeling down below and then worry that my vagina was going to fall out  :)... I smile and laugh now, but did freak me out a bit - all the strange feelings and sensations going on inside.... A friend of mine ( that also had the op)  did stress how important it is not to rush things and even if you feel ok - as apparently her surgeon told her of one of his patients ( after just 4 weeks) decided to go and do the shopping and on lifting bags from her car - started to haemorrhage and was rushed into to hospital .. And as someone else said ( I think) the anaesthetic  can stay in the system a while ...
Pages: 1 [2]