Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feeling really poorly  (Read 2428 times)

scoobylyn

Feeling really poorly
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »

I'm on the first month of my new hrt elleste duet.  I'd  completed 7 months of femseven conti but stopped due to incredibly heavy bleeds every 2 weeks. 

I started spotting as soon as I took the green tablets (you take 21 estrogen and 7 progesterone).  Today is the start of day 1 packet 2.  I've got horrific cramps, and the bleeding is so heavy.  I've gone through 10 extra thick sanitary pads and it's flooding through my clothes.  I fainted last month when I had similar and today I've had the same but stopped before passing out and went to lie down. 

I'm really not sure what to do now.  The hrt makes me feel so much better until I bleed then it's unbearable. 

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:13:36 PM by scoobylyn »

walking the dog

Re: Feeling really poorly
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »

Hi scoobylyn
I cant really advise on hrt as I'm not an expert but it all sounds awful ,id get back to your Dr asap and explain to them the situation ,hopefully they will help you, in the meantime fingers crossed some of the more hrt knowledgeable ladies will reply to you post.
Sending you a huge hug xc

coldethyl

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:51:07 PM »

I'd suggest an appointment with your GP would be in order to investigate possible causes for excessive bleeding such as fibroids etc. also they can prescribe Tranexamic acid to help stem the bleeding and also check you for anaemia. X

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:53:17 PM »

I agree, get in touch with your GP asap.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 05:27:05 PM »

scoobylyn - you may have fibroids or if you are peri meno your lining might be building up quite a bit.  It sounds to me as though you would be a good candidate for having a Mirena fitted as this usually sorts out problematic bleeding and keeps everything stable.  Discuss this with your GP.  Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »

Bank Holiday weekend so do ring your Sugery for advice in the morning!  You shouldn't have to put up with such symptoms!