Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Breast lump & ultrasound  (Read 6966 times)

Cassie

Breast lump & ultrasound
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:49:41 AM »

Hi ladies, has anyone had experience of finding a breast lump, going for a mammo and an ultra and this shows nothing...yet small lump remains...what could it be, any ideas... :-\

Halfpint

Re: Breast lump & ultrasound
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »

Hi Cassie,
I would have thought the Dr at the Breast Clinic would have suggested an idea of what it could be? I attended a Breast Clinic with my mother last year for her to have a mammogram and I got talking to a woman in the waiting room and hers turned out to be a cyst but the Dr had already assumed that was what it was but told her to have the mammogram just to confirm.
It seems odd that they would not know what your small lump was. Normally, it is a cyst or even a blocked milk duct (did you breastfeed?). Some women just have naturally lumpy breasts.
I wouldn't worry as the tests confirmed it wasn't anything untoward.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:10:05 PM »

Speak to your GP who should have received a letter from the X-ray Dept..  Why didn't you ask  :-\ - patients have to take some responsibility and not wait for the Medical Profession to offer up explanations  :sigh:.  I wouldn't expect to be told after a mammogram but would certainly ask if I had an ultrasound …….. give the Dept. a ring and ask if the result has been sent to your GP or ring the Surgery directly?

It's a worry, the not knowing.  Let us know!

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »

I did ask all I was told was that the ultrasound shows nothing sinister at all  but I can feel a distinct small lump, it did not show up at all on the ultrasound, but Dr Google says that does not mean it can be harmless...so I am a bit worried, will follow up with the GP next week again, just cannot think what it is...the lady who did the ultrasound said it could be a gland as I had a few itchy bites in the area...its a mystery....am thinking surely if it was something bad it would have showed something, hope so ... :-\

Halfpint

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »

If the ultrasound had shown anything up, you would then have had a biopsy on the lump.

There will always be things on google but if it was me, I would feel reassured that they said the lump was nothing sinister. I'm sure your GP will reassure you. In the meantime, I would suggest not to keep feeling for the lump. The more you think about it, the more it will be on your mind.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »

IF it is a gland then the more you feel it the longer it will stay up - I know from experience in other parts of the body.

I understand your worry but if both ultrasound and mammo are clear then its very unlikely to be sinister. 

Can you ask for repeat ultrasound in a couple of months because by then if it was anything it would show up.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:15:32 PM »

Did you ring your GP, for peace of mind?  If the person doing the ultrasound told you it's non-sinister then there's no rush to do anything  ;)

STOP prodding! because the area will Bcome sore. 

Ms Saucy

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »

Hi there.

I have now had breast lumps three times aged 19, 42 and 52.
All checked with every test the second time lump remained. It turned out to be a lymoh node, all fine, they did biopsy the fluid out of it once.
Please if you have had all the screening be reassured you are fine.....then go live life and dreams Ms Saucy xx

jgr

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »

Hi Cassie, i have had two recalls after mammograms and had an ultra sound done on both occasions, it turned out to be cysts, they like to check this out even if they have an idea what it is. Don't worry, i am sure you will be fine. xx

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »

Thankyou ladies, you are always so reassuring....I need to stop prodding & poking, was sure the lump had reduced yesterday now it feels up again, sigh....Ms Saucy am sure its a lymph node can you remember which part of your breast this was in?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »

Where is the lump?

Cassie

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 04:07:23 PM »

Right out on the edge of the breast going towards the armpit.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »

Will your ring your GP?

Halfpint

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 05:19:02 PM »

Cassie, this is not the same as your lump but I watch the programme 'GP's behind closed doors' on Ch5 on Wednesdays and twice lately they have had younger women come in that are worried about a lump in their breast and both times, it was actually part of their rib they were feeling!

Suzi Q

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 12:43:06 PM »

Hi ladies, has anyone had experience of finding a breast lump, going for a mammo and an ultra and this shows nothing...yet small lump remains...what could it be, any ideas... :-\
Again clkd is 100% right ask ask ask
I thought I was bleeding long story but boy even though iwas mortified i wanted every single thing checked out 4 seperate internals be bold a lumps a lump
It may only need aspirating get on the phone ok xxxxxxxxx
Pages: [1] 2