Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What inspires you?  (Read 7766 times)

Dulciana

What inspires you?
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »

If I ever need a bit of encouragement or inspiration, I watch either a lovely youtube video of the Abba song, "Eagle", or a clip from "Chariots of Fire".    Oh, and Abba "Move On"!

What book, song, film, poem, etc. inspires you?    :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:25:56 AM by Dulciana »

kpatton56

Re: What inspires you?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 08:25:11 AM »

The writings of Corrie Ten Boom

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »

She really is inspiring, katiecurrantbun!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 08:38:08 AM »

Oh good thread!

'everybody hurts' by REM is the first that springs to mind
'Mary Ellen Carter' by Artisan
'Unicorns' as above

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 06:05:52 PM »

My current favourite album is 'Stay Gold' by First Aid Kit. My favourite tracks are 'My Silver Lining' and 'A Long Time Ago'. I still love the music of The Moody Blues'.....pure nostalgia.

coldethyl

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »

My current favourite album is 'Stay Gold' by First Aid Kit. My favourite tracks are 'My Silver Lining' and 'A Long Time Ago'. I still love the music of The Moody Blues'.....pure nostalgia.

My once favourite band- the MBs that is- been reading my diary from when I was 13 today and I was clearly obsessed by them and Justin Hayward in particular. Am off to see him in September doing solo evening.
Like First Aid Kit too and saw them few years back.

Inspiring book is A Woman's Guide to Adultery ( which isn't as raunchy as it sounds) by Carol Clewlow. Poem is probably one by Sidney Keyes the name of which I can't find online, but is reminiscent of Eliot's Four Quartets ( another favourite)- film possibly Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid- I went so often to see it as a child and the shoot out seen at the end, sepia tinted if memory serves me right, was so moving. Ok they were " the bad guys" but it seemed that they died fighting for what they thought life should be like, not what it was like.

Dulciana

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:25:02 AM »

This is all great.  Also, when do you go to the things that inspire you?  With me, it's usually when things are going well and I want to chivvy myself to keep going.  Occasionally, it'll be to give myself a shove........ ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:41:17 AM »

I have a favourite walk. It's not the most obvious or most beautiful walk round here, though there are far reaching views, but I know I am unlikely to meet too many people. It means I can think and get beyond thinking and listen to my body and connect with the beauty around me. It is my place of peace and I can go there in my mind when weather or health get in the way.

I listen to my favourite music mainly in the car. While I enjoy driving along quiet country roads, I loathe driving along busy motorways, but I find music calming and helps to make my driving smoother.

Dulciana

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 09:58:33 AM »

..............Except for loud, gothic-y organ chords, Ju Ju!!  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »

;D Better listen to loud gothicy organ music at home where I can dance around unobserved! Much safer!

My Dads going to lend me a CD of organ music which he loves. Haven't a clue what though.

Dulciana

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 12:58:33 PM »

Hope you enjoy it!
D.

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »

I love First Aid Kit too and I have that album :) as well as the Lion's Roar - the first one I bought. I heard about them because part of one of their songs was used as the theme song for the BBC4 showing of the Danish drama 1864  last year I think? I saw Moody Blues at Glastonbury last year at the acoustic stage and they were amazing. Michael Eavis came and joined in with them ( he is of similar age!).

I feel inspired mostly by music, nature and landscape. Live music of many types where it fills the room and envelopes you, beautiful wild flowers, butterflies, birds etc, and amazing dramatic landscapes, as well as wild wild weather with dramatic clouds sunshine and wind especially on the coast.

Oops having typed that I just realised you were looking for song book or poem - I'll just leave my post there anyway - soz Dulciana - I just followed on from some of the posts and your title!!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 07:03:27 PM »

:-*  Justin Hayward  :-*

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:27 PM »

❤️

CLKD