Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: BHS  (Read 7133 times)

Stellajane

BHS
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »

It's not looking good for the employees is it?

I went into our local store this morning and it was busier than I'd see it for ages.  Can't help feeling they could have done a lot more to help themselves though. They set up a super play area for young children in the café which was lovely as little ones could do a jigsaw or some colouring while you sat and relaxed with a coffee. However, they just didn't keep up with maintaining it and it soon became scruffy looking with toys gone AWOL so there was no point making the effort to go there any more.

This pension scheme deficit situation is a big worry.  One wonders how many other big companies are desperately trying to keep their schemes afloat.

Joyce

Re: BHS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

Our one is pretty scruffy too, has been for a while.  Not a shop I use much as I think the clothes are a bit fuddy duddy. Occasionally I've found something nice. They used to have a fabulous lighting section all at fairly reasonable prices. My son & fiance got some nice light fittings for their home.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »

They have been in financial difficulties for 18 months.  I haven't stepped in one for years except to look - Himself has bought a few T-shirts.  We don't buy many clothes in general.

Awful for those employees.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:05:21 PM »

I buy their trousers for work - they fit a treat so I'll have to stock up quick!!

The consortium who bought it for a £1 had no retail experience apparently.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »

It's such a shame!  Bet if we had put a quid in there wouldn't be a problem  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:36 PM »

If you have a Gift Token get it used because it will be useless soon!

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »

Here's something I found, after hubby told me about what BHS are planning on doing with gift vouchers. If you look at paragraph above Chris Radford's photo, you'll see vouchers will only be accepted for half value of item purchased. So you'll have to spend £20 to use £10 voucher, if you get my drift.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/BHS-goes-administration-happens-vouchers/story-29172535-detail/story.html

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 09:59:52 PM »

But they would accept money?  I have stopped giving vouchers because suddenly 'use by' dates appeared …….. and no change was given.  But they are money  :bang: :bang: :bang: bugga the adminstitrators, customers who may well go back if the Company is 'saved' should be honoured.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »

Guess they look at it as money they've already received from whoever purchased the vouchers. Not fair, I agree.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »

Shutters were supposed to come down yesterday but due to 'stock rooms full' the store will remain selling stuff for another 7 days.  I looked a clothing dummies yesterday, but they aren't the 'right' filling on which to display badges.

linz57

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »

The two stores nearest to me closed last week and the high streets look even sadder now. I never bought many clothes from there but I always enjoyed a mooch around the place. There aren't that many everyday stores around for women of a certain age these days so it's going to be even more difficult to find somewhere to pop into for a pack of briefs etc. I suppose supermarkets are filling this gap, although I have to say I can never find anything to fit me in those.

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »

what sort of badges do you collect CLKD?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 07:48:36 PM »

Cheap ones in case I lose the hats  ;D

linz57

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 08:07:49 PM »

Supermarket clothes, especially undies, aren't made for women with bums and hips. It's amazing how far I stretch knicker elastic hahaha