Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Skin changes  (Read 2017 times)

Sadie49

Skin changes
« on: April 20, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »

Has any member experienced facial skin changes during the meno? The frequent hot flushes have left their mark on my face i.e. rough `orange-peel` type surface on my chin and around the nose/face. Stress makes it more noticeable...and I hate to have to use foundation every day to create a more uniform colour/surface. Any helps ladies? x

Jinja

Re: Skin changes
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »

I've definitely noticed that I've got redness and little spots over my cheek bones, I'm thinking it could be a bit of rosacea

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »

I suddenly got an under the skin rash which has appeared just this week on my chest area

Ann x

Halfpint

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »

All my life I rarely had a spot on my face. Now I have loads, even my husband commented the other day about them. I also have them on my back, across my shoulder,  top of arm and chest (incidently all on the right side of my body!). Whiteheads or boil type ones. I'm also itching a lot particularly at the top of my chest.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »

I got a sort of rash type thing on my cheeks associated with the hot flushes - raised hot, sometimes itchy bumps that didn't have a head. Some said it was called menopausal acne - even though I never had acne as a teen. It completely disappeared never to retun once I started HRT. I've no idea if it would come back and stay if I stopped HRT or if it was just due to the fluctuating homrones rather than oestrogen deficiency. I don't want to test this idea yet though  ::)

Hurdity x

Lizab

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:26:32 PM »

Yes, kind of the apples of my cheeks, but toward my nose and mouth, it'it's almost like the skin is thicker there now, with a orange peel texture. It does seem like a very mild rosecea, but it's not angry red and I believe rosacea is itchy? I'm finding it's more noticeable when I use foundation, so I'm experimenting with very light, only where I have to have it and blending carefully foundation makeup use. Also, I've started using witchhazel with rosewater morning and night. I can't tell if that's helping or if the added estrogen from the patch, but something seems to be helping a little.