Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help, I feel so low  (Read 2877 times)

trishblunsum

Help, I feel so low
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »

So sorry if I upset anyone who has the same symptoms  :'( For the past 3 weeks I have had almost constant palpitations, missed heart beats, a jittery feeling and have felt so, so low. I use Sandrena gel and Cerazette and have had no period for the past 2 months. My heart symptoms are the most worrying, and wonder if I am dying sometimes. Has anyone else felt this way? I don't know if I need reassurance that these are normal symptoms of the menopause or if I should go to A&E asap?  :'(

Halfpint

Re: Help, I feel so low
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:18:31 PM »

Don't worry, I have read a lot of posts on here of others with similar symptoms.

I have a few friends who get palpitations and Dr always told them palpitations are harmless. I actually get palpitations if I eat anything with MSG in it. Some packets of crisps, especially bacon flavour have MSG in and give me palpitations.

Type in palpitations or missed heart beats in the search engine on here and it will bring up previous threads about it which may reassure you. Being anxious will also make you feel worse but hopefully when you read about others suffering same as you it should calm you.

If you are still worried, go to see your Dr for reassurance. Hope you feel better soon.

trishblunsum

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:26:10 PM »

Thanks half pint, will do that  :-*

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »

Some drugs cause palpitations. I got horribly when oestrogen was increased. Now on lower dose & barely get any more. We all react differently to drugs.

Best checked if you're concerned though.

Kate50

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 02:41:16 AM »

Cerazette is that progesterone only?  Was having palpitations bf went on oestrogen then they stopped but started again as soon as had any hrt progesterone . Haven't had them on Utrogestan but had other stuff.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 11:14:36 AM »

Hormones are notorious for giving palpitations and missed hearbeats when they are out of balance for whatever reason.

Ectopics ( missed heartbeats) are as a cardiologist told me horrible but harmless.

If you haven't had your thyroid or iron levels checked in past couple of months then it is worth getting them done so overactive thyroid and anaemia can be ruled out but the chances are its  as they say " your hormones"!

coldethyl

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »

I'd say go to doctor, get an ECG to put your mind at rest and then maybe ask for betablockers. Palpitations are common in menopausal transition and my doctor tells me to just accept that they are harmless. It's hard sometimes but a low dose BB has helped me. I dashed off to A and E and the lovely nurse practitioner said she also gets them and that they are really ghastly and scary but are just something to breathe through and ignore.  Big hug x

SadLynda

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 02:12:05 PM »

Sure you would feel much better if you got yourself checked out, go tell the GP and have an ECG done.  If only for your own peace of mind.  I had these when I was having panic attacks last year, agree how scary it was.