Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Am I going mad?  (Read 7429 times)

Sammas

Am I going mad?
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:18:09 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Do you feel that you are on a roller coaster?  One day I feel ok, but a lot of the time tired irritable and headachy.  Have been on AD for years and also take multi B, B12, B6, eve primrose and now magnesium Have read vit D might be needed as well. Off work today as upset stomach, feel sick, irritable and tired Do I need HRT? What do I do about the other stuff I am taking? Am sick of feeling up and down Can generally cope with work but find it hard to plan anything else as I don't know how I will feel Thanks for reading x

Sammas

Re: Am I going mad?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:41:04 AM »

Hi Stellajane,
I am nearly 48 periods lasting a bit longer and worse pain but still every month No hot flushes, occasional night sweats Been ok on supplements Just started magnesium

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »

Hi Sammas - sorry to hear you are feeling so low.

How long have you been on the magnesium for? I only ask as they can upset your stomach.

Taz x

Sammas

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:12:16 AM »

Nearly 2 weeks What is your experienceofmenopaise?x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:13:38 AM »

Do you mean menopause or is menopaise a product? I'm a bit confused. It doesn't take much  ;D

Taz x

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 08:21:42 AM »

Both I suppose I also get confused- lol! I just want to feel ok like the rest of us

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 11:38:04 AM »

Oh magnesium gave me the 'runs' within 24 hours  ::)

I have taken ADs since 1988.  Sometimes my dose needs 'upping' for about 5 days.  Nope, you are NOT going mad, this time is not called 'the change' for nowt  :(

Take pain relief when you have periods.  Rest. Gentle exercise.  Browse round, make notes  ;)

Halfpint

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 11:45:11 AM »

I just posted this link about Vitamin D Deficiency. One of the symptoms is stomach problems.
http://www.lifed.com/75-of-people-are-lacking-vitamin-d-see-if-you-have-one-of-these-16-signs

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »

Sammas, my advice would be to have some blood tests to confirm you are menopausal and then get cracking on HRT as you as you can.  The latest thinking is that you should start HRT as soon as your oestrogen levels start to drop and it sounds like that time is now for you. 

HRT is very important for two reasons, symptom control in the short term and prevention of illnesses caused by oestrogen deprivation in the long term and it is vital to start taking the right type of HRT at the right time. 

The safest and most effective form of HRT is the bio identical Oestrogel/Utrogestan combination which many MM members use and, in my opinion, is the best and most effective form of HRT on the market.  Why not read up on it and then pay another visit to your doctor.

Hope that helps.

Sammas

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 02:17:17 PM »

Thanks for vit D link Have arranged for provisional blood test tomorrow - once I have had the compulsory telephone doc appointment x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »

Will you tell us how you get on?

Sammas

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:48 AM »

I will let you know how it goes Woke up this morning and just want to hide under the duvet on the settee Do orhers feel really irritable and anxious? Dreading returning to work tomorrow

Annidav

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 05:43:43 AM »

Hi Sammas no you are not alone; I had day off yesterday and have been Awake for hours now dreading going back to work this morning ... Becoming quite anxious and conjuring up all manner of issues in my mind; I am on AD's too but because of the many other symptoms I finally bit the bullet yesterday and made the decision to try HRT - I haven't actually started them yet as the chemist had to order the patches for me but I am so hoping that it will make a difference to how I have become; I hope you get on ok today. X

Sammas

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 05:48:25 AM »

Thanks Ammidav How old are you? I am scared of HRT but cant cary on like  this like you Hope wiek goes ok x

Annidav

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 06:17:43 AM »

Hi Sammas - I am 49, going to be 50 in August; anxiety and panic attacks caused by insomnia were my worst symptoms but I am on mirtazapine which enables me to sleep so alleviates most of the anxiety and panic attacks - although as I said I have been awake for several hours because I had the day off yesterday and I knew this would happen - I have just checked my work emails (with a feeling of absolute dread in my stomach) and not too bad (even though I am not due to start work until 9!!) so it is a case of my mind working overtime and then some. I was (am) scared of HRT but have done a lot of reading on it (some say one thing then something else says different) but because of the other symptoms have decided to give it a go - this forum is brilliant for support too. x 
Pages: [1] 2