Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem after Mirena fitting  (Read 7052 times)

Tinkerbell

Vagifem after Mirena fitting
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »

Had Mirena fitted yesterday, pretty straightforward don't know why I got in such a state before appointment  ::)

Anyway in my hurry to escape I forgot to ask if I could use Vagifem in the first few days after the fitting as I am worried about infection and pulling on the strings.
The leaflet given to me by doctor mentions no tampons/sex for 3 days but nothing else.

I didn't use the Vagifem last night, but after a couple of days not using it I get a bit sore again.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:45:13 AM by Tinkerbell »

Dancinggirl

Re: Vagifem after Mirena fitting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »

I'm sure it will be fine to use the Vagifem - just be a bit more careful about inserting it.  Do try a bit of Sylk and/or Multi Gyn ACtigel to help keep things comfortable around your 'lady bits' - I do find that mulit prong approach really helps. . I have to say I had sex only 2 days after having the Mirena fitted and all was fine. I wasn't using local oestrogen when I had the Mirena and did get some nasty VA symptoms at times so wish I had - unfortunately none of the doctors I saw in London, be they gynaes at Meno clinics or GPs, ever suggested local oestrogen for the horrible burning I was getting.  It wasn't until I moved to the country, signed up with the local GP practise and explained my problems to a practise nurse - she was horrified I hadn't been given local oestrogen as she knew all about it!!!!! Dg x

Ljp

Re: Vagifem after Mirena fitting
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »

Glad it went well Tinkerbell 😊 I can't see any problem with you using vagifem straight away. I had a estring (oestrogen ring) inserted at the same time as my mirena was fitted 😊