Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: If it wasn't for this site, I'd be sure I was losing my mind!  (Read 2125 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!

Just wanted to say that I have been extra anxious lately and crying every day now.  I have noticed over the last week that I have started having funny turns, sort of a combination of red face/flushing/anxiety/panicky/faint feeling.  I can only put this down to coming off the Oestrogel or starting the Utrogestan.  After todays episode....I began to think I was getting really depressed again, and further panicked/worried.

Decided to search the forum to see if anyone else had suffered rebound anxiety, etc after stopping HRT, and low and behold, page after page of threads.....So thank you ladies, you have confirmed that I am not going mad.

I've come off HRT 3 times now in the last year, two of them resulting in increased anxiety/depression, etc so not sure why I didn't make the connection myself earlier.  This is the 3rd time coming off and am now counting the days until I can re-start it!

Kathleen

Re: If it wasn't for this site, I'd be sure I was losing my mind!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »

Hello Mis71Mum.

Lo and behold your post has helped me!

I am post meno and using Evorel Conti 50 mcg patch and for about four months I have been cutting a corner off in an effort to reduce my dose.  I'm 59 and want to use as little HRT as possible and I was hoping that cutting back on the patch would reduce the side effects of the Norethisterone and this would compensate for  the reduced oestrogen. I've tolerated this regime so a few weeks ago I chopped even more off the patch. This unfortunately led to bleeding and very sore breasts and lots of palps and anxiety! I've now gone back to the previous sized patch but your post has reassured me that my troubles are the result of fiddling with my hormones!

I just wish I could find a painless way of coming off HRT and I so envy the women who go through this stage in their lives without needing it in the first place!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Glad to be of help. When I came off HRT before that was tricky because it was in tablet format. So imagine that the patches could be hard too....could you consider swapping to the gel so that you could come down very slowly.

Not had many anxiety attacks this year, but 3 in the last week tells me that something's a miss. I've only come off it this time because I'm having an operation next week.

Take care

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

Hello Mis71Mum.

I have been thinking about the gel as an alternative to the patch and if things don't settle I'll mention it to my GP.

I hope your operation goes well and you can quickly get back to taking the hormones you so obviously need!

Take care.

K.