Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Extreme tiredness  (Read 3565 times)

Elsiet

Extreme tiredness
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »

Hi, I have been on Elleste 1mg for a month and was feeling great no side effects until a few days ago. Now I am unnaturally tired and find it difficult to wake in the morning and fighting sleep late afternoon, any advice would be great. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Extreme tiredness
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:31:40 PM »

Have you had your thyroid function tested?

If you do a search on here for the HRT you may find how others have coped.

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:31:18 PM »

Hello Elsiet

I'm currently taking Elleste duet 1mg and had a similar experience at around week 7. Just crashing exhaustion. The ladies here suggested eating little and often and I've found it helps me overcome that feeling of "ugh" that just seemed to stop me in my tracks. Don't know if it might help you too?

I now travel with trail mix and a Babybel cheese at all times !!

RR xx

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »

Elsiet, I would make several observations.  Firstly, Ellesse contains norethisterone which many women don't get on with because it is a very strong synthetic progesterone with a lot of unpleasant side effects, the type you are having - I can't go near it.  Secondly, 1mg is a very low dose of oestrogen and often not very effective for symptom control and thirdly, oral HRT is nowhere near as good as the bio identical, transdermal variety.

I doesn't sound like it's working very well for you so my advice would be to switch to Oestrogel/Utrogestan.  I have found this to be the most effective HRT regime by far and would recommend it.  One point I would make is to limit the use of Utrogestan (micronised progesterone) as much as you possibly can because this can also have side effects if used in high doses.  There is much debate on here about how much you should use but a lot of women are now switching to using 100mg Utrogestan vaginally for 7 days each month - Professor Studd's prescribed dose.  The NHS will try to get you to take more of it but I found I didn't need anything like the amount they suggest which I think is about 100mg for 12 days each month - completely out of the question for me. 

As you have been taking only 1mg of oestrogen orally, you will probably find that 2 pumps of gel each day would be enough. 

In order to adopt this regime and know whether or not the Utrogestan is doing its job, you can have a womb scan to check that the lining is clearing properly but you don't have to worry about that until you have been using it for a few months.  The thing is, you can't guess how much Utrogestan (or synthetic progesterone) you need and every woman needs a different amount. 

Hope that helps.