Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So depressed  (Read 12530 times)

Trufflecat

Re: So depressed
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »

I can understand your impatience, and poor you. It does sound as though you have what prof Studd calls 'reproductive depression'.....have you read about it on his site?  My problems are no where near as severe as yours but I too have refused to have a Mirena. My GP has agreed to let me try 7 days of Utrogestan 100 plus Oestrogel. We are giving it a go for a few months. I feel better on this than any of the other combinations that I have tried and I do think that the gel is better than the patches. I am in peri by the way and have started HRT to help with the really appalling pmt that I was getting.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 08:12:57 AM »

Hi Minny

Yes I'll take it really slowly when I do come off them....mine have tiny beads in them and that's the only way to reduce them by deducting tiny beads.

I got my period this morning and feel a bit miserable this morning, crying to a song on the radio as we speak. Hormones!

Minny

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 10:46:54 AM »

:bighug: Mis71Mum it's awful isn't it.  Hopefully you will feel better soon.

No I haven't read that article Trufflecat but will have a look now! Thank you xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 11:24:34 AM »

Hi Minny

It's just the fear that the depression is coming back which worries me the most.  I suppose because of my operation in 10 days, I feel under pressure to keep calm and also out of control because I can't rely on any gel to lift my spirits.

Fingers crossed, it'll get better.  I have started spotting at least today, so it's defintely doing something.

Niamh

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 12:16:06 PM »

Hello I wanted to send you a big hug too I'm so sorry to read your post and identify with lots of how you're feeling. I'm 41 peri and went to see Studd in a total mess last Oct I have pnd, crippling pmt, depression and was feeling pretty desperate. I am a TOTALLY different person 6 months on. He diagnosed progesterone intolerance I use ostrogel and utro 7 days vaginally and was using testosterone too (had to stop as gave me acne on my back!) it takes take a bit of time but I also say you get one life get it back as soon as you can don't just brave it out. If you can see Studd I highly recommend it he will sort you out and don't be put off by the occasional comment on here about his bedside manner he is a brilliant man who understands all of this!! I've seen him give a talk on women for whom their monthly cycle can be a matter of life or death in terms of suicidial depression. It's totally unbearable being in that state, I don't know how I functioned but as Studd said to me when I met him 'it's all cureable' :) X

Niamh

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »

Ps reading your post I wonder if you're progesterone intolerant and Studd doesn't advocate and depressants he'll try to sort hormones first but you may need as well X

Mary G

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »

Minny, I agree with Niamh.  I know you are based in Lancashire but if ever there was a person who needs to see Professor Studd, it is you.  We are talking about something that could change your life and a trip to London would be well worth it.  What have your doctors/GP done for you?  Prescribing Utrogestan that length of time to someone with your background is clueless to say the least.  What are their plans for you now? 

Please go and see the best hormone expert in the UK, you deserve it after everything you have been through. 

Minny

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 04:08:41 PM »

Hi Mary G & Niamh.  Niamh your post sounds so positive and shows there is some hope.

I've just got back from my Drs now and thanks to all your posts and advice I went in with a list and print offs from Professor Studds website.  I am lucky that my GP does listen and he looked at what I had printed off and he knew of Professor Studd.  He agreed - thankfully that it could be the Utrogestan causing me the problems so from  now on I am only going to be taking it for the seven days!!!! Breathing a massive sigh of relief.  We agreed that I should wait and see how I get on before deciding on changing or upping my antidepressant.  I am seeing him again next week, so fingers crossed I am bit more "normal" by then.

If I had not had all the support from you lovely ladies I wouldn't have had a clue as to where to begin - so a massive thank you to you all.

Hopefully Mis71 once you have a bleed you might feel better, fingers crossed for you too xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

:thankyou:

Niamh

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »

Brilliant pm me anytime or post on here of course!:)X

Niamh

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 04:55:10 PM »

Btw what ostrogen do you use would your GP did you the gel Studd prescribes? It's so easy to use and flexible do you can find your perfect dose :) x

Mary G

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »

Minny, well done, that's great news!  Like Niamh, I am wondering if you have also switched to Oestrogel?  My gynaecologist (and Professor Studd) prefer working with Oestrogel because they think it is more flexible and my gynae thinks you sometimes need a booster.  Also, there is some merit in being able to split the dose to keep the levels up if you are very hormone sensitive.

Trufflecat

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 07:12:57 AM »

Very good news! Fingers crossed x

Minny

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 08:08:01 AM »

Morning everyone  :)

I am trying the estradot this was at my request because I felt really well on the femseven patch but I just couldn't get it to stick.  But if that doesn't work I will ask for the Oestragel.

I am feeling so much better again this morning which tells me it must be hormones because with the dreaded depression it just doesn't go away like that.  I am keeping a diary and I am glad I have put it all on here - so if I wobble again next month you can all tell me to read this back!  ;D

Thank you
xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »

Yep  ;D you'll get a  :kick:

Little steps.  Even if I know what is causing any anxiety symptoms etc., it doesn't stop the physicality of it all  :sigh:
Pages: 1 [2]