Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Painting fitted wardrobes help  (Read 6051 times)

clio

Painting fitted wardrobes help
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:44 AM »

Our fitted wardrobes are looking very tired and drab. I was thinking of painting them and putting new handles on would be the cheapest option and tbh they are still fit for purpose.  They are a cream mdf and I was thinking of painting them a similar colour to brighten them up and putting new handles on.  I was thinking of using a roller rather than a brush!  Has anyone painted there furniture who could give me some tips??  I know I would need to prep the wardrobes before painting but having never done it before I would appreciate any tips regarding materials and techniques etc.

Clio

star35

Re: Painting fitted wardrobes help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:29:45 AM »

We have just helped a friend do his and I must say they looks really good when they were finished. We gave them just a very light rub down applied the undercoat and when dry just applied the gloss. We used a small roller and it tells you on the packet what texture roller you need so if like us you are using gloss then our roller was for a smooth finish. Hope this makes sense and is a help. Good luck hope you enjoy doing them.

EllaM

Re: Painting fitted wardrobes help
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »

Hi Clio, if you use Annie Sloan chalk paint there is no need to prep. It is amazing and comes in the most gorgeous colours. One painted there is a wax top coat and it is incredibly durable. I'm sure there will be a stockist near you.
Have a look at her website http://www.anniesloan.com/ lots of lovely ideas.