Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: no topical oestrogen as still regular?  (Read 1398 times)

jorainbow

no topical oestrogen as still regular?
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »

Hi all 😊 visited gp yesterday for dryness again and this one refused to prescribe topical oestrogen as my periods are still regular????  Also said replens is no good. Didn't mention the results from my cystoscopy at all (all clear but I get blood in urine every time I test). Anyone heard of the regular period reason before?

Maryjane

Re: no topical oestrogen as still regular?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »

I have regular periods and I am on HRT/ Estring and a dab as and when of ovestin on my vulva as my VA is bad. Per Dr Annie Evans , my local NHS gynae said since the scare re not using HRT there are now far more gynae issues around. I have recently had my bloods done for my levels and I am awaiting the results to give an idea of the level I am at, it's a myth that out periods should have stopped and it is for many better to go no whilst on HRT to go with the flow as it where, rather than waiting for it to stop. Re vagifem she's talking nonsense I no of 30 year olds on it for vagianl dryness.

jorainbow

Re: no topical oestrogen as still regular?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:13:57 PM »

47 with other mild symptoms such as light/ heavy long/short periods, chin hair (lol) and occssional bladder irritation hence the cystoscopy. I was prescribed vagifem by another gp though I did find that had some not so nice side effects so I'm off back to see her even though I have to wait a month.  I did also try gynest which is now replaced by something else I think but as my dryness is not that bad and seems linked to my cycle I decided not to use it regularly. Clearly this may change so will see what she says.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:15:59 PM by jorainbow »