Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Mirena tomorrow  (Read 13548 times)

Smokey

Re: Mirena tomorrow
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »

Thanks for that Tinkerbell

That's reassuring to know. I'm expecting letter for appointment any day.

Ann x

Chi chi

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »

Just another update as its now been just over 8 weeks.
I think the bleeding is finally starting to settle, it's a lot lighter in colour and volume now. My mood has been ok I suppose, not any worse I don't think but certainly no better either  :-\  I was secretly hoping that it might just improve a little now that things are supposedly "balanced"
No improvement in energy, aches and pains and sleep.
What I am noticing now is my hair! It's fine and pretty lifeless anyway but lately it seems much worse!  The textures changed and I just can't seem to do anything with it  :-\ it feels like it's in really bad condition now!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are not too happy with it.
I can't remember, but are you taking any oestrogen as well?

I had mine 7 weeks ago and my spotting has only just settled down.
I seem to be sleeping really well as well.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2016, 09:15:54 PM »

Spoke too soon!! Spotting has started back up after 6 day break :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2016, 07:59:25 AM »

Chi Chi and tinker bell - it really can take at least 3 months for things to settle re bleeding and spotting etc.

Chi chi - I doubt you can expect the Mirena to help with mood, it will simply not give the negative effects that many progesterones bring.  I have forgotten where you are in the meno journey but it could be worth looking at the oestrogen levels and Vitamin D levels to see if you need more of both and I really recommend you practise some relaxation techniques and possibly consider an SRRI if low mood and poor sleep are a real issue. 
Low vit D will result in aches and pains, low mood, fatigue and poor sleep!!!! Spring is late this year and if you don't get enough sunshine there is good chance you are Vit D deficient.  Dg x

Chi chi

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »

I was on 4 pumps of estrogel but went down to 3 to see if it would help with the bleeding as suggested on here, not really sure if it did or if it would of settled with 4?
So frustrating when you finally think things are settling down and then bang! No  ::)

Dancinggirl, I'm in peri (I think) at least that's what I've been told by Annie Evans and Prof Studd. I've been taking Vit D for 2 years now since Studd recommended it. I'm also on escitalopram (max dose) and also lamotrigine. I've tried most AD's with little success which is why I initially saw Studd as I thought it was all down to hormones, I'm beginning to think it's not and questioning if I really need to be on HRT  ???

dazned

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:52 AM »

Why not take a break for a couple of cycles and see what,if any symptoms you have,and start from scratch,just a thought .

Dancinggirl

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »

Chi chi - it would be very interesting to know what the oestrogen levels are - if you are peri you could be really over dosing with oestrogen, even on 3 pumps per day!!! The fluctuating of your own hormones will not be helping either.
It is very difficult to advice you as it is mainly low mood and anxiety that are your main issues and these are very difficult to treat successfully. 
If I were you I'd be tempted to drop your dosage, perhaps down two 2 pumps per day for 2-4 weeks and see how you feel and then drop further to one pump for a few weeks after that so you can really judge where you are and what works.  You need to do this gradually I think and I'm only offering this as a suggestion. DG x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]