Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mirena tomorrow  (Read 13555 times)

Chi chi

Re: Mirena tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 11:28:22 AM »

Update: Things seem to be going ok still, bleeding is a bit erratic, one minute heavy and the next nothing! Expected though I suppose. Little niggles of pain now and again but nothing major. Mood is the same, no better no worse. Hasn't affected my sleep in any way yet.
I'm on antibiotics at the mo for chest infection so feel pretty lousy with that  :-\

Ljp

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »

Hi, I had my mirena fitted beginning if December, advised by gynae as I had a bleed more than a year post meno, and had been using estriol cream for bladder/va, so it was suggested to protect my uterus.
I now use oestrogel and have an estring for bladder.
After initial slight discomfort (nothing unbearable) lasted about 5 days, it settled, but then had spotting most days for about six weeks, now all settled, and feeling the best I've felt in years! I think the oestrogel is beginning to prove its worth now after four months. Hoping the estring, and oestrogel combination continue to improve my overactive bladder issue, I still have bad days with that! 😟

Tinkerbell

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »

Lisajp...I am having a Mirena this afternoon, good to hear you are happy with yours.

Ljp

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 11:20:28 AM »

Very happy with it Tinkerbell, just give it time to settle, I did panic at first, especially with the spotting, but all settled now 😊

Chi chi

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »

Just thought I'd update as its been just over 3 weeks now although there's not much to say really. Things are pretty much the same, still bleeding I.e red blood sometimes with clots, mood still the same no better no worse, still feel like I'm clinging on by the skin on my teeth though! Quite tired still and still getting the headaches  ::) A couple of occasions my anxiety had suddenly spiked bordering on feeling like I'm gonna have a panic attack or something which has really scared me as I've never experienced that before  :-\
One thing I've noticed is my eyes seem to have like a glaze over them, the whites are looking a bit yellow and also slightly bloodshot?? Not sure that can be linked to the Mirena though??

Tinkerbell

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »

Sorry to hear of your problems Chi, how are you today?
I had my mirena in for a couple of weeks now, just had a bit of spotting but I did have some awful palpitations earlier in the week. I was worried if this was a side effect, but seems to have settled now...fingers crossed!

dogdoc

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »

Please continue to keep us updated regarding your progress with the Mirena. I am still contemplating one but am terrified of any possible mood fallout as my experiences with progesterone have been horrible to say the least. This is the option i haven't tried. But would like to know how you do with them.

Dyan

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 03:01:09 PM »

I'm on my 2nd mirena and it's due to be changed in August but I'm not feeling great mood wise,anxiety and my heart is sometimes beating strangely.
I have been very happy with the mirena but right now I feel awful. Couldn't get an appointment with GP until May 24th ::)

Chi chi

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »

Seem to be having more niggling pains and I'm sure it's now affecting my sleep? I've been so sleepy lately.
Not sure if it's affecting my mood but I think I've felt more down in the dumps the last few days and also had another episode of feeling like I'm gonna have a panic attack  :-\
Bleeding is still there and it's more than spotting! I'm still on 4 pumps of estrogel could this be causing the bleeding as opposed to spotting?? Annie Evans said estrogel would help with spotting/bleeding?
If that's the case God knows what it'd be like if I wasn't on it  ???

dazned

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »

Hi Chi Chi sorry to hear your still suffering  :bighug:

4pumps seems very high,maybe these is causing the lining to build up and then the mirena or your own uterus is sloughing it off. Have you thought of dropping your estrogen down to see if this helps ?

Chi chi

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »

Thanks dazned, yes I've thought about reducing it but as usual scared of rocking the boat!  ::)

dazned

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »

Try it and see,at least with the gel its so easy to adjust  ::)

elsie001

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 02:18:31 PM »

Hi Chi Chi

Progesterone is known as the sleepy hormone and the coil has definitely improved my insomnia which is great, but I also find I get into a daydream-like state sometimes which is a bit inconvenient at work!

I had discharge for a full 6 months after having my coil fitted which wasn't brilliant but I only needed to upgrade to a towel on a couple of occasions. 

I think it affects my mood a bit too.  Infact, I've been feeling a bit glum over the past few days but not so much that I want to remove the mirena.

Hopefully the oestrogel will help with your low mood - it did with me but it also brought the insomnia right back so I had to stop using it which was a shame.  I'll try again some time though, as I suspect there are times of the month when my oestrogen levels are fine (high even) and others when it's low.

Chi chi

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 02:36:09 PM »

Mines more than discharge, as the days gone on the cramping pains have got worse and I'm starting to get low back ache too  :-\
I really don't know what to do about reducing my estrogel, so worried about making things worse especially mood wise  :-\
I've actually been bleeding for 2 months solid now! 4 weeks before the Mirena and 4 weeks since having it! Surprised there's any left  ::)

elsie001

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »

I was advised to take Noristherone if bleeding was heavy post-coil fitting.  Might be worth asking for a prescription?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4