Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Galloping heart  (Read 5218 times)

Taz2

Re: Galloping heart
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 06:43:05 PM »

Hi Claireylou. Is your fast heart rate accompanied by a hot flush?

Taz x

Claireylou

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 06:56:30 PM »

Hi Taz,

Yes last nights were a mixture of very intense heat and the galloping heart. They seemed to roll into one if that makes sense??

My hot flushes have gone from being a few moments of heat to several hours of intense, uncomfortable heat and last night this was accompanied by the galloping heart. It all left me feeling really jittery and wobbly xxx

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »

I used to get this combined with a hot sweat - day and night - but it only lasted around three to four minutes each time. It's caused by the increase in adrenaline and can also make you feel slightly nauseous or as if you are going to need the loo in a hurry. The night time ones did last longer. The heart racing stopped once I was on HRT. Have you counted how many beats per minute your heart is pumping? It's a good idea to do this, while the heart is resting and then when it's galloping, just to get a rough idea of the difference between the two.

Taz x

Claireylou

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »

Thanks Taz,

I didn't think of doing that but will make a note of my resting heartbeat and then I'll have a comparison next time it happens.

It does feel like an adrenaline rush though. Bit like when you get a scary shock etc xxx

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 10:43:34 PM »

Claireylou

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »

Thanks Taz,

Gosh that was a really interesting article, it does help a lot understanding what's happening and why. It's not so scary then xxx

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 11:01:50 AM »

I'm glad it helped.

Taz x  :)
Pages: 1 [2]