Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Burning upper legs  (Read 3719 times)

Sphere27

Burning upper legs
« on: March 27, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »

Hi
I've not been on this for long time as been ticking along nicely. However 3 weeks ago I started with burning sensation in both upper legs. Feels icy/burning.very uncomfortable. If I rest anything on legs it feels like block of ice.taking pain killers and rubbed Voltarol gel.helps slightly. Not muscles.Feels like skin or nerves.anyone else had this? I'm on Hrt? Prob not meno related but now worrying although apart from popping pills I feel ok.it's underside from knees up to groin.

Sphere27

Re: Burning upper legs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:49:19 PM »

Should read inner leg not underside

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:30:51 PM »

I get this in varying parts of my legs. Sometimes thighs, sometimes lower legs. I've had it for years. Always worse at night.

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »

Any treatment?
I'm having to take pain killers constantly as gets so unbearable.

Halfpint

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 11:19:26 AM »

Hi Sphere,
I had burning pain on top of my foot for ages after I sprained it. I think it's definitely nerve pain or trapped nerve pain. I would go to your GP see if there  is anything they can give you for it.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »

Hi Sphere 27

A few weeks (?months) ago I had something a bit like this. The back of one thigh felt really weird and the skin was really sensitive and very painful to the touch so was definitely something to do with nerves (not a trapped nerve though as it was the skin surface). It lasted a few days and then went away. I also felt really extra tired while it was happening. I have no idea what it was but as it went away I didn't bother with it. I am on HRT too.

If yours has carried on that long and not gone away then I would mention to the doc.

Hurdity x

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 06:36:49 PM »

I sometimes get a burning patch on the outer side of my left thigh. It feels like you should see a rash, redness, or something. But there is nothing to be seen - just the burning sensation..... Not on HRT, but most likely perimenopausal.

Sphere27

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 07:57:42 PM »

Thanks ladies
I'm away with work tomorrow so can't see doc till next week. I'm in agony with this. Really getting me down. Gets worse as day progresses. Definitely nerve I think. Like one of you said you would expect to see redness or a rash but nothing to see. I'm praying it will just disappear. X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »

The only thing which worked for me was trying to keep my legs as cool as possible. They sometimes are burning hot to touch & other times it feels like my blood is running hot inside my legs. I was told by Meno consultant it was connected with restless legs. GP certainly wasn't perturbed by it.