Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anyone tweaked their dosage for Evorel conti?  (Read 8272 times)

kew

Anyone tweaked their dosage for Evorel conti?
« on: March 25, 2016, 08:25:31 AM »

Have been on it for about 6 weeks and it's made a huge difference. Things have settled down quite a bit, however I really notice when I'm getting to the end of the 4 day dose- lacking, concentration, flushes and night sweats. The delivery of hormones seems to drop quite a bit.  Given that there has been such an improvement in Meno symptoms it's really noticeable when the dosage seems to be petering out.

I was thinking maybe to change the patches every three days - anyone done that?

Dancinggirl

Re: Anyone tweaked their dosage for Evorel conti?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 09:58:17 AM »

Change the patch very 3.5 days.  It is still early days and as your body adjusts to the hormones and settles this very slight dip before you are due to change the patch shouldn't matter. The body does store some oestrogen so actually a slight dip won't make much difference.  When I tried the patches I found I got a big hit in the first day which made feel awful - we are all different but this slight fluctuation is why I prefer using Oestrogel with separate progesterone. Dg x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »

I agree with DG and would definitely recommend you change to the oestrogen gel, it works far better in my opinion and you can adjust the dose easily and avoid the problems you are having now.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 04:00:51 PM »

I agree about changing every 3.5 days although some women prefer more frequently. I also use separate oestrogen (in my case a patch) and progesterone - although I've only ever used 50 mcg more or less, but theoretically I could adjust the oestrogen dosage if I wanted to - separate from the progesterone!

Hurdity x