Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Wee problems!  (Read 3024 times)

countrybumpkin

Wee problems!
« on: March 16, 2016, 03:22:14 PM »

I was diagnosed with a caruncle at edge of my urethra 4 years ago and about 10 months ago I gave in and started using vagifem because I had early VA and the caruncle was making weeing very painful and I would feel as if I needed to go all the time without any infection being present.
The vagifem worked wonders and the painful weeing went away as did the early VA and the uti feeling improved hugely as well.
What I never lost is most days at sometime often when I first go to bed and also if I have drunk alot is a sudden sensation like a bit of electric shock type thing that makes me feel as if I might wet myself. I don't and its a split second things but it won't stop unless I do go and have a wee. It always happens just after I have had a wee  and inititally it was thought to be irritation the caruncle hence it improving alot once on vagifem.

Recently this one symptom has been getting worse.

Does anyone else get this even without having a caruncle??

babyjane

Re: Wee problems!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:37:51 PM »

Yes I do and when I went to the out of hours doctor thinking I had cystitis, it was explained to me that VA doesn't only dry out the vagina but also the urethra and it is the irritation there that mimics the feeling of needing a wee.  I was already using Vagifem but I now also use Estriol cream externally and it has helped although I still get it sometimes.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »

Ahhh makes sense.  I have an appt with the lady Dr at my surgery next week for review of vagifem so will discuss it all with her then. My normal GP is a young man ::) and he readily tells his female patients to see one of the lady Drs for anything in the lady dept as he says he is not as experienced. No way would I be happy flashing my lady bits at him, poor lad!

coldethyl

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »

I get a lot of weird stabbing and shock symptoms in my bladder area - I have endometriosis there so I put it down to that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »

How's he going to learn?  I'm brazen, I would flash my bits  ;D

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »

How's he going to learn?  I'm brazen, I would flash my bits  ;D

;D ;D How did I know you would!!!  He is so hesitant if he has to examine you and always asks for permission first and then usualy examines you through your clothes :) unless he really really has to see the naked flesh so he might expire with shock if old lady bits were flashed at him.  He is a very knowledgable Dr but just a bit strange!  I often wonder what has happened to him in the past???

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 04:54:05 PM »

Is he of Asian background?  Does he offer a chaperone?  A patient is entitled to a 3rd person in attendance and shouldn't have to ask.

I remember many years ago we had a lady from Saudi Arabia with low back pain who wouldn't undress in front of a Surgeon even though she had her Mother with her as well as a Nursing Sister …… he wasn't a relative so no way but she was advised as much as possible without being examined.

All Trainees see cadavers and naked bodies within the first few months  :-\.  Is he on rotation or fully qualified, even so  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 05:00:17 PM »

Any doc who is hesitant in examining a woman should not be practising! It's their job!!! Tough if he doesn't like looking at old lady bits - what on earth is he doing as a GP?!

Hurdity x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 06:00:22 PM »

He's not really young he is in his early 40's and english and has been a gp for many years now.  He is a really good Dr.  I think really he is just super sensitive to how his female patients might feel having a youngish good looking male Dr examining them. 

I have a cardiac recorder implanted in my chest just in my left boob and after I had had it done he asked me very seriously if I would mind if he felt it as he had never felt one before and I'm like " course you can have a feel" and he very very gently pressed with one finger on my boob ;D 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »

::) …….. my GP asked if he could see my breast scar several years after I had treatment.  "That's neat" was the comment  ::).  If this GP is 'sensitive' then he's in the wrong job ………. I wouldn't be comfortable going there.  A GP is supposed to be impartial?