Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie - not sleeping  (Read 2208 times)

Avyi

Newbie - not sleeping
« on: March 16, 2016, 12:40:51 PM »

Hi all, I have a full abdominal hysterectomy 8 weeks ago and am 53. Was told I'd go into severe menopause right away but so far nothing. Maybe just good luck?  However I am having trouble sleeping and its really getting to me. I'm due back to work in 2 weeks time and despite doing very little for 8 weeks I cant sleep and this will affect my work. Even if Im so tired that my eyes are closing, when i get into bed I toss and turn but legs and arms ache, I'm so restless i end up getting up for hours. I've read that this may be a sign of the menopause? any ideas to help would be so much appreciated.
Many thanks Dawn :(

Kate50

Re: Newbie - not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 07:50:13 AM »

Hi Avyi
So you have gone into menopause straight away then!  Not sleeping is a def sign. Mine has only started to get better since going on HRT had it six years!  I dont work and im glad I don't I take my hat off to the ladies that manage it.  Can you get sine extra time off? To get a bit more sorted

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 11:53:48 AM »

Hi Avyi

:welcomemm:

Have you not been offered HRT? You should be taking some oestrogen at least, maybe even testosterone - but even so it is still very soon after your operation and your body will take some time to adjust to being without hormones made in the ovary.

There is some info on this site:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/aftermeno.php

Hurdity x

limpy

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 02:39:49 PM »

Hi Avyi   :welcomemm:

What you describe does sound like menopause.
Mind you, you've had a significant surgical procedure, which won't be making you feel good at the moment.
Have any of your medics mentioned HRT, it could improve the way you feel day to day.
Also, it could help to reduce the risk of Osteoporosis.

lily

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »

I wake up every night or morning really as early hours, usually between 2 and 3am with night sweats. Eventually get back to sleep but finding it hard to get up when alarm goes for work.

Kate50

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 09:37:02 PM »

Yeah that's what I can be like but cos I dont go back to sleep till early morning I can still be asleep at 8.30

Mandz

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 11:03:41 PM »

Hi avyi
Welcome ☺️

I had a hyster 3years ago, still go my ovaries and was told my surgeon that 12weeks is minimum for anyone to return to work, ( you don't say what your job is)
You can phone or go into your practice and request an extension on your sick leave
You've had major surgery, and some people can bounce back quicker than others, and you're out of your routine

Also mention to your go phased return to your work

M xx