Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: long cycle  (Read 2219 times)

carrieann07

long cycle
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:01:18 AM »

Hi,
I have been a little on edge because my cycle has been so messed up. One month it could be 21 days and the next it could be 60 days. On the long cycles my period seems to be a bit heavier, but not much.  Idon't have the long cycles much, so I'm not sure if one goes like three months and I going to have extremely bad bleeding. Does anyone have any experience with this? If you have, what was it like for you?

Thanks,
Carrie

Lizab

Re: long cycle
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 04:20:36 AM »

When I began skipping several months it wasn't heavier than a normal period. It wasn't light by any means, but my heaviest were actually when my cycles were close together. Everybody seems to have different experiences though. In perimenopause anything could happen.

Elle66

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »

Hi Carrie

When this all started for me I went from 11 periods in a year (53,23,60,38,20,21,30,21,26,21 days between each bleed) to 4 periods the next year (84,123,27,26).  I didn't experience any very heavy bleeding but sometimes they were very light. 

I was having random intermittent symptoms of peri menopause for a couple of years beforehand but GP kept saying I was too young at 45 ish  >:(

One of the best things I did was to start keeping a diary noting the length between cycles, any specific symptoms etc.  Life is so busy sometimes we forget what happened last week let alone what happened last month so I found it really useful to document it and it proved invaluable in eventually getting my GP to agree that I was indeed going through menopause.

caz24

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »

Hi Carrie

Yes I've had experience of messed up periods, all part of the joys I'm afraid! I had long cycles, long gaps between cycles, light bleeding and horrendous bleeding (so bad that I walked in to the doctors surgery and asked to be seen as a matter of urgency on my way home from work one evening). They offered me a seat which I had to decline as I didn't dare sit down on one of their fabric chairs, luckily I was wearing black trousers.
I have had times when I thought my periods were over and then it all started up again. It's a nuisance and an irritation more than anything, not knowing where you're at, feeling rubbish and it's normal to feel on edge with it all or just to feel on edge!
Be reassured that this is all a normal part of peri. There's lots of help and support on here for anything that you may experience on along the way. x

carrieann07

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 07:51:43 PM »

Thanks so much for responding. I like the idea of keeping a calendar with symptoms, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe it will ease a bit of my anxiety about the situation.
Thanks for.the help,
Carrie