Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Late period on femoston 2/10  (Read 5847 times)

Jeshiekah

Late period on femoston 2/10
« on: March 13, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »

Hi ladies!

First time posting so I'll just explain a bit. I'm 24, my menopause was caused by lots of chemo as I had to have a stem cell transplant for Hodgkin's lymphoma.

I have been on femoston 2/10 for about 6 months, been experiencing bleeds every month a few days into the red pills. However this month I'm onto my 7th pill and no bleed. I did skip some of the other pills to move my period as I'm on holiday next week (doc said this was fine) so not really sure why my period has disappeared?!

Any ideas?

Jess xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Late period on femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »

:welcomemm:

:bighug:

Could you have your own hormones in the background?  I'm sure someone will be along with advice.

We have a holiday thread too if you would like to share where you are going  ;)

Jeshiekah

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »

Hii!

I'm not sure about my hormones really. I'm 2.5 years post transplant, I think it takes longer than that to regain any hormone function if it's going to happen. They said that I probably wouldn't be able to have children. It's all a bit confusing to me as the doctors didn't really sit down and explain it as it was more urgent to get the Hodgkin's under control. I just know that the hrt doc said that if my hormones were doing things then I would break through between bleeds.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »

Hi Jeshiekah

:welcomemm:

So sorry to hear about your lymphoma and chemo at such a young age. If you still have hormonal activity going on then that can account for variations in cycle from HRT. Was it the oestrogen only tablets you missed (ie the first part of the pack) and if so how many? It could be that you just didn't build up enough womb lining to shed and especially if you took the full course of the combi pills?

Hope you enjoy your holiday! :)

Hurdity x

Jeshiekah

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:05:34 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Yeh I missed out 4-5 (can't remember) of the yellow pills (the ones taken first) so that my bleed would be sooner. I was thinking that possibly I just didn't get a withdrawal from that pill? I don't have any hormone function X

Jeshiekah

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »

Update: I just noticed a tiny bit of spotting this evening. Only once. Really hoping it buggers off! On holiday on Thursday! :(! Xx

Jeshiekah

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 08:31:40 AM »

Update:
So it seems I have started the bleed now. I don't understand this hrt malarkey. The doc said to take less of the yellow pills, that's what I did.

I've also realised that the red ones are first in my pack followed by the yellow ones. I normally bleed at day three of the red ones. But I'm now on day 8 and experiencing a bleed. Why can't it just be simple! It had been for the past 6 months! Frustrating! X

Milamam

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 11:22:26 AM »

Hi J.
Femoston is not the birth control pill where you know with certainty when the monthly bleed will arrive. Normally, when on Femston 2/10, the bleed is expected after you finish the progesterone combined tablets ( yellow). If you are peri menopausal , your own hormones willbe fluctuating in the background so you might get a bleed anytime. I've had bleeds mid packet a number of times. The doctor's advice to take less progesterone pills might have been to speed up the progesterone withdrawal.

And yes, you first take the red tablets, then the yellow!  Red tablets are estrogen-only, yellow are combined.

Hope this is helpful,
Milamam

Milamam

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »

Hi J.
Femoston is not the birth control pill where you know with certainty when the monthly bleed will arrive. Normally, when on Femston 2/10, the bleed is expected after you finish the progesterone combined tablets ( yellow). If you are peri menopausal , your own hormones willbe fluctuating in the background so you might get a bleed anytime. I've had bleeds mid packet a number of times. The doctor's advice to take less progesterone pills might have been to speed up the progesterone withdrawal.

And yes, you first take the red tablets, then the yellow!  Red tablets are estrogen-only, yellow are combined.

Hope this is helpful,
Milamam