Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Strange brain feelings  (Read 3791 times)

Smokey

Strange brain feelings
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »

Hi

I've recently had some bazzare feelings.  I feel as if everything around me is strange and doesn't feel right! My dry eyes seem worse and lights dim or bright seem extreme even my legs feel strange! These feelings see, to appear around late afternoon and last till bed time, they are gone in the morning.

I've been off the ad Nortriptyline for nearly 9 weeks now, but have also starting taking a new ad Mirtazapine 15mg I'm on day 3. Doc said I may get groggy head for the first few days which I have.

Has anyone had any experience of feeling like this on an ad or for that matter coming off one? I'm also worried it maybe my Ms getting worse!

Thanks Ann x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Strange brain feelings
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 01:19:57 PM »

I get electric 'zaps' in my brain.  My head feels hung over right now because I've been halving 10mg of my AD rather than taking 5mg night and morning.  When are you taking the Mirtazapine ? 

There seems to be more product in the 10mg than the 5  ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:44:10 PM by CLKD »

dogdoc

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 02:28:22 PM »

Yes to all those plus 100 more. :)
Tara

limpy

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 03:26:59 PM »

lights dim or bright seem extreme even my legs feel strange! These feelings see, to appear around late afternoon and last till bed time, they are gone in the morning.

Has anyone had any experience of feeling like this on an ad or for that matter coming off one? I'm also worried it maybe my Ms getting worse!

It might just be MS doing what it does.
The only certain thing about MS is that it's unpredictable  ::)
I panicked once when I couldn't use my left leg to get on a horse.
According to my then MS nurse - that wasn't a relapse, that was just MS doing what it does (or not)

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 04:40:12 PM »

Thanks all for replying

CLKD I'm taking the Mirtazapine 1/2 before bed, it's a low Antidepressent at 15mg my doctor said it has a slight sedative effect and should help with my sleeping problems at the moment. It still takes a while to get to sleep but once asleep I don't keep waking up in the night.

Dog doc thanks, so it's a possibility it is the Mirtazapine then. I keep persevering hoping it disappears again. How are you feeling today?

Limpy yes it could be that too I guess is your leg back to normal now?

At least my appetite is back again and nausea gone on day one of taking this ad strange how anxiety makes you feel.  Also strange that after being on 75mg of oestrogen she reduced it to 50.
When I asked her why she said I don't need it with the ads! I'm puzzled to say the least.

Thanks again everyone

Ann x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 04:46:16 PM »

ADs and HRT are for different issues usually ………… GPs sometimes have the strangest of ideas  :bang: :bang: :bang: - how is the patient supposed to know what works/doesn't  >:(.

How is your diet from lunch-time onwards? Could it be lack of food that is causing 'strange' feelings?

Lizab

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 04:50:54 PM »

Yes to all those feelings, only I've not been on ad nor do I have ms. Hrt has lessened these weird spells for me.

limpy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 05:05:08 PM »

Limpy yes it could be that too I guess is your leg back to normal now?

The leg did get so I could ride again - thank you.
However, given I no longer ride it's not been put to that particular test recently   ::)

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »

Hi Smokey, I've now upped my mirtrazipine from 15 to 30 after a horrible couple of weeks but like Lisa b had these strange feelings before ads and still do and some.....with you docdog, today my brain feels shivering after an awful night....period started and very very low mood last night, been crying most of the morning....trying to relax on the couch today and not tax my brain mentally, felt like my brain had shattered last night and felt extremely low....taking it easy today maybe a walk in nature.....so guess I'm saying it may be nothing to do with Ms or ad .....have a better day xxx