Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: just started on evoril conti patches  (Read 3269 times)

monalisa

just started on evoril conti patches
« on: March 09, 2016, 05:26:10 PM »

hi i am a newbi, 56 years old and not had a period for 6 years post meno and just started on the evoril conti ,already the patches are not sticking as long as they should, two have already fallen off so i have replaced with new.

gp has given me a months supply to start with,first couple of days had a really bad head over one side of my face. i have been suffering with terrible virginal atrophy,burning etc, uti symptoms and itching around my bottom which seems to flare up every noe and again.
have been on estrogen pessaries,the creams nothing has worked so the last resort are the patches.

no interest in sex and only been married four years, hot flashes aches and pains painful knees very tired ,hair thinning no energy.
any advice regards these patches would be gratefully received.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: just started on evoril conti patches
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

:welcomemm:  I believe advice would be to make sure that the patch area is completely dry before applying and then lay still, pressing on the area so that they stick properly so that you get a good area of absorption.  Some ladies put a small piece of plaster across to hold them on.  Sure someone will be along, maybe do a 'search' for the product to see what responses?

limpy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:21 PM »

Hi Monalisa

:welcomemm:

It's unusual for Evorel Conti patches to fall off they usually stick very very well, normally the problem is getting them off!

The patches need to be applied to clean dry skin. Moisturising / creamy bath or shower products are best avoided, they leave a film which makes it difficult for the patch to adhere. When the patch is applied hold your hand over it for a while (approx a minute or two) to make sure it is properly stuck. I've never found the need to lie still, I put mine on after my shower in the morning.

I'm not sure about using bits of plaster to keep the patch on, I think I read somewhere on here that it isn't a good idea.
Something to do with the hormone being contained in the glue and that being interfered with if tape or plasters are put on top. But once you get the knack of the patches they should stick well by themselves.

kew

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 07:02:34 PM »

I'm also new and am on my 4th week with Evoril conti patches.

Haven't had a problem with them sticking.  I make sure that there is no moisteriser or anything on my skin before I apply, and have found the best place to apply the patch is on a butt cheek  ;)

I did try the front of the top of my thigh, but it kept catching on my trousers.

Stick with it, I'm wishing I'd done it sooner as have been feeling so much better.  First week everything was a bit exaggerated in that the day time sweats doubled, but night time ones disappeared altogether.  2nd week was better, but felt a little buzzy/wired the day after a new patch. Now at 4th week things have settled, had a couple of night sweats last night but all in all so much better.

Trufflecat

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:17:59 PM »

Where are you sticking them and are you making sure there is no moisturiser on your hands or bum cheek before you apply them? I couldn't get them off easily and even when they came off I was always sporting black fluffy glue residue

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »

I've been using Evorel conti patches fo about 6 months. All good. I had really bad VA for years with burning. All this went with the patches. I do also have trouble with them sticking.

jgr

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »

Hi there been on these patches for 3+ years and only twice had to replace them with falling off, i had used a body lotion so was my fault. I apply them after my bath, just put them on pat them down and they stay put, no need to hold them down, and like Limpy said the problem is getting them off. It also took about 3 weeks to a month before symptoms started to disappear. Stick with them (pardon the pun) xx

monalisa

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 07:48:25 AM »

Another question can i apply gynest cream on the outside of my vagina also?

Can i use vagifem tablets with applicator along with vaginal gel replens ( not at the same time)?

I am so desperate to get some relief ,have all the symptoms of vaginal dryness/atrophy/vulvodynia.

under hospital regards my bladder for sling .

limpy

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »

Another question can i apply gynest cream on the outside of my vagina also?

Can i use vagifem tablets with applicator along with vaginal gel replens ( not at the same time)?

Yes - you can use local oestrogen whilst using the patches.

I had been told by a pharmacist it was ok to use Replens at the same time as Gynest, "it's mostly water"
I tended to use it on different days to minimise mess, used to find Replens came out in quite large chunks  ::)

Smokey

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 11:30:01 AM »

I've just been given these as I didn't really want a bleed. Now sure if I'm peri or post meno as I've always been on Hrt  about 5 years ,previously Everol Sequil patches which generated a bleed every month on patch 7 but as I've been getting more and more ms symptoms earlier and earlier as it approached my Doc suggested the conti version as you do t normally get one. 

I start them Tomorrow so I'll be interested to know if they stick well. The sequil ones stuck really well. I thought it was the Femseven ones that had problems sticking.

If you still can't get them to stick you could try shaving a small area of the skin where your applying it too, or maybe you have a faulty batch, have you checked expiry date?

Let us know how you get on.

Ann x