Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 6th week on HRT  (Read 1884 times)

Suecee1958

6th week on HRT
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:07:03 PM »

Have been using Femseven Conti patches for 6 weeks now and so far my hot flushes have gone and I am sleeping a lot better.

Still suffering from some anxiety though - the funny thing is that I have several days when my mood is great - I feel calm, relaxed and happy and just how I used to feel before the menopause - but then my mood seems to drop which lasts a while.

I have been post menopausal for a long time (am 55) so would welcome any reassurance that this is normal - I imagine my hormone levels must have dropped to practically zero (if there is such a thing!) before starting HRT.  I see from most posts that HRT takes between 3-6 months to get the full benefits xx

Dancinggirl

Re: 6th week on HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »

Early days Suecee1958 - it really dose take time for the body to absorb and welcome those hormones after being without anything for so long - so 3-6 months is about right.  Do make sure you look at your life style as well - brisk walks, healthy diet, lots of relaxation etc. is all part of the improving strategies - HRT is not a cure all, it can only do so much.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »

Hi Suecee - as Dancinggirl says it is early days yet but so good to hear your hot flushes have gone and sleep has improved :).

If after you've been on this regime for a while and still get these feelings then it could be down to the continuous progestogen but don't go looking for problems yet - I agree that lifestyle changes especially re diet and exercise will also help to make you feel better overall.

Hurdity x

Suecee1958

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »

Thanks Dancing Girl and Hurdity for your replies.

I have had the most terrible cold for the last two weeks - prior to that I was feeling great! 

Am now left with catarrh which makes me feel lightheaded and lightheadedness was one of the things I always suffered from when I was anxious, so I think in my subconscious mind I think I am feeling anxious even though this is all probably down to the fact that I haven't been well for the last two weeks!