Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Patch Residue  (Read 3625 times)

moonbeam121167

Patch Residue
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:17:59 PM »

Hi all I need some advice about the mess the patches leaves on my bum, I have been using surgical spirits but it wont remove it very easily, I get my hubby to do it and he has to rub so hard it hurts and leaves a red mark, has any of you nice ladiesgot any tips please  :) :)

Ju Ju

Re: Patch Residue
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »

I put a small amount of body oil on the area, before a shower. After drying, I find it much easier to rub off, as long as I rub straight away.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »

Ha!

Well for most of the 9 years I've been using patches I have just left the marks! Estradot are very small and 50 mcg that I use are especially so. I never removed them because I have sensitive skin and didn't want to do anything ( extra rubbing or products) which might irritate the area so that I couldn't use the patches. Lately for some reason the residue has been staying for longer so running out of clear spots to stick them in my favorutie place on my butt  ::) so following Limpy's suggestion on another thread I thought I would give it a go. Her suggestion was like Ju Ju - putting baby oil on it and leaving for a while to soften. She said shower afterwards but that's not always convenient and I don't do this everyday showering - so I just gently wiped it off and then washed it  - and it worked! The residue came away without having to rub and didn't set up a reaction - so thimbs up to that from me ( thanks Limpy!). I do it in the mirror - my husband would not want to do this!!!

I noticed elsewhere that someone (?Nina) suggested nail-varnish remover as well.

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »

Will give the baby oil a go, thanks  :) :) :)

Goosieloosie

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:39 PM »

I use baby oil too  :)

Kate50

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 04:05:36 PM »

Methalated  spirits?!

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »

I don't bother any more. Comes off on it's own eventually. Now if I was wearing a brief bikini ........... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

walking the dog

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »

js it ok to stick estradot patches on the bum and thighs im quite new to them and following the leaflet which says abdomen below navel but bum would be easier as I have a bit of a ledge on my tummy from c section

Goosieloosie

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »

js it ok to stick estradot patches on the bum and thighs im quite new to them and following the leaflet which says abdomen below navel but bum would be easier as I have a bit of a ledge on my tummy from c section

Yes that's perfectly fine, I use these & put them on my bum  ;)