Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Prempac - c 0.625mg / 15mg  (Read 2265 times)

lizzylocks

Prempac - c 0.625mg / 15mg
« on: February 23, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »

Hi,
I've just started taking Prempak and wondered if anyone else is on them, I am only on day 4 and I was wondering how anybody else is getting on with them 😊

Galadriel

Re: Prempac - c 0.625mg / 15mg
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 03:51:49 PM »

Hi lizzylocks and welcome to the forum.

I started on Prempak-C 0.625. I did fine for the first 6 months but it wasn't for me in the long run. I know others in real life who swear by them. I think the trick is to find the one that suits you best... whatever that is. Everyone is different - probably explains why there are so many different formulations available  :)

Galadriel x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:10:18 PM »

Hi lizzylocks

:welcomemm: from me too

Hope it does the trick for you :)

Hurdity x

lizzylocks

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »

Thank you 😊

lizzylocks

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:05:13 PM »

Thank you for that 😊

Tangerinedreams

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »

Hi Lizzy, basically your Dr has just given you the cheapest and one of the oldest types of HRT there is.  This is one they dish out, I read yesterday that the older types are not usually prescribed any more, but I was given Prempak C when I went to see my Dr a year ago and it looks like this is what they give to all women!  I didn't do well on the 2nd half of the packet when you have to take the progesterone tablets.  It depends if you are progesterone intolerant.  After a few months I went back and asked for Femoston, they then had to order it in as everyone else was on Prempak!  I was told this by the receptionist. 

After 6 months of Femoston I've changed to Oestrogel and Utrogestan which is the best you can get on the NHS, but I had to fight for it.  I done a lot of research and went back to my GP with Nice guideline print outs.  Not sure how long I will be allowed to stay on it for, but I carry on well into my 50's as I am feeling so good on it.

Good luck.

Nina

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 10:20:08 PM »

I disagree that oestrogel and utrogestan are the best you can get.

It all depends on which type suits you - for instance am I supposed to feel short changed because I don't get on with the oestrogel?

Tangerinedreams

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 11:16:32 PM »

Sorry Nina, i didn't mean it like that, I just feel this combination is very good, but not for everyone of course. It's just that I see this is what a lot of private gynocologists seem to prescribe. Like professor Studd, I found his website very helpful although I could not afford an appointment to see him. I am just grateful I managed to get mine on the nhs.

That's a shame the oestrogel didn't agree with you, what sort of symptoms did you have from it?