Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Routine ultrasound for uterus etc sounds like a good idea  (Read 3052 times)

Sunnydays

Routine ultrasound for uterus etc sounds like a good idea
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »

Hi,
I was rather stuck wondering how I'd go about getting a scan so that I could keep an eye on the womb lining; not just because of it becoming too thick but the possibility of it becoming too thin due to the lack of flexible doses with Progesterones.
Once  I started surfing the net I found it was quite easy - these services are offered by private hospitals and I also found a clinic that was just for women's health - ideal! The good thing is that a GP referral is not required. On enquiring at the women's clinic I realised that whether on hrt or not, these checks are a good idea  - much like having your eye and teeth health checked regularly this is a health check for our female internal organs. A full check including ovaries was around £240 and if all is ok, an annual check of the endrometrium around £100. I realise this is a chunk of money and not all maybe able to afford it.
Anyway I just wanted to say that having thought it would be something of a challenge to arrange, it's very simple. Has anyone any other prices to compare - are these the going rates?

Mary G

Re: Routine ultrasound for uterus etc sounds like a good idea
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:25:52 PM »

Sunnydays, thanks for that information, it is very useful and I think many women could benefit from this service.

Like you say, it is quite a bit of money to find but it seems a small price to pay for getting peace of mind and being able to use the right amount of progesterone.  Too many women are suffering unnecessarily by taking huge amounts of progesterone which, in many cases, they do not tolerate well and they don't necessarily need.  The only way to get your dose of progesterone right is to have a scan and find out. 

I fear that too many women are giving up on HRT completely because they can't tolerate the progesterone part and this leaves them wide open to a whole host of other health problems.

In an ideal world, all women should be having these scans every year because there are other things that need looking at too.  Also, women who are not on HRT are also at risk of hyperplasmia because they still produce small amounts of oestrogen and very little progesterone.