Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Facial Hair (aka The Furry Face Club)  (Read 11256 times)

babyjane

Facial Hair (aka The Furry Face Club)
« on: February 18, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »

since I became menopausal I have noticed a fluffy, downy layer of fine hair like bum fluff on the sides of my face. This morning I noticed it has increased and grown to about a quarter of an inch and I can see it without using the magnifying mirror. I am sure no one else will look at me and think 'look at that woman's hairy face' but what causes it and should I leave it alone or visit the local beauty salon? I am more conscious of it now I have noticed it has increased.  I am 59 years old and post meno and I think I first noticed it about 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:53:02 PM by babyjane »

babyjane

Re: Facial Hair
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »

You would....... ;D

tweezers, seriously? I'd be there all flipping day.  I use them for the coarse whiskers on my chin (love the way they hang on for dear life then grudgingly let go with a 'pop' .  However this carpet of fluff is in a different league, all soft and fluffy!  :-\ I am sure it has got thicker since I noticed it this morning  ::)

Lizab

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 05:45:32 PM »

No exaggeration, I was just frowning in the mirror over this same thing! Mine isn't dark or coarse, but it seems longer and thicker than ever before. I do think people would notice it, not from a distance but if they're talking face to face with me or sitting by me. What is to be done about it? I understand waxing a dark mustache or plucking dark chin hairs, which thankfully I don't have, but no one ever told me about this stuff all over the sides of my face!

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 05:51:21 PM »

hello lizab, welcome to the club - the furry face club. I am so glad it isn't just me but where does it come from and why and what is to be done (apart from expensive salon treatment or hair removing creams that I expect I would be allergic to  ::)  Don't believe the NoNo adverts, I have heard it is awful!!!

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:52:18 PM »

Another thing - I have had to start borrowing my husband's nose trimmer!!!!!!

Lizab

Re: Facial Hair (aka The Furry Face Club)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »

Same on borrowing the nose trimmers. And I'm not particularly attentive to beauty things and my face, so my friends have probably all noticed before I did. I don't like our club!

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 06:57:09 PM »

Me neither.  I'm starting to look like a Victorian Father...beard, whiskers, sideburns...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 06:59:46 PM »

Did you read my thread about my chin  ;D.  DH doesn't seem to notice the soft down on my cheeks and I pluck the black ones from there …….. never think to remove the rest.  Chin, upper lip, eyebrows all get tweezeeeed.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 07:06:33 PM »

Dorothy, thanks for reminding me that Dickensian is on this evening  :)

Winterose

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 07:07:05 PM »

I tried threading as they said it would reduce it, well it doesnt but it doesnt make it any worse, now just shave it all off about once every 3 weeks, and I do notice it on other people so they must have seen mine, oh dear , oh dear, just as well Im not trying to attract a mate,  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 07:08:19 PM »

Don't shave or use removal creams 'cos you'll have to keep on doing it!

I check my upper lip, chin, eyebrows several times a day.  I noted nasal hair at the weekend  :o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:11:59 PM by CLKD »

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 07:09:33 PM »

OK, I'll learn to live with it.  It helps knowing I am not odd having it.  Thanks everyone  :thankyou:

I take it that it is another of things that happen at a certain age, but why does other hair (cough cough) drop out ::) weird ???
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:11:45 PM by babyjane »

Mary G

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »

I had it as soon as I went on the pill years ago.  When I stopped taking the pill, it disappeared and I don't get it now luckily.  Therefore, it must be some sort of hormonal thing. 

Lizab

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »

No. I'm not ready to live with it. A quick Google search tells me dermoplaning from a salon is essentially the same as shaving. A few sites recommend using those little eyebrow shavers. I think I'll try it. Trade in a monthly period for a monthly shave ;D

Dorothy

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 07:35:30 PM »

Monthly?  I should be so lucky - more like twice weekly.  Definitely hormonal
Pages: [1] 2