Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Late or missed period?  (Read 3082 times)

mandypepe

Late or missed period?
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:10:30 AM »

Morning everyone, I'm still very new to this having realised that all my thoughts and feelings were hormonal after missing a period in September (having always been to the day). But October onwards I've had a period either 22days or 26 days. However I expected a period last week but by the 26th day it didn't come and it still hasn't. Today is 31 days. So my question is when would I class a late period a missed period? Thanks for all the advice and support I've had so far on this forum.

Dancinggirl

Re: Late or missed period?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »

Oh handypepe -  no one can answer that question.  You are clearly in the peri menopause phase when everything starts to get erratic I'm afraid. This phase can go on for some years with long or very short gaps between periods  - ovulation often doesn't happen at this stage and will cause the unpredictability. If you are in your early to mid 50s then it may not be that long before the periods actually stop - we are all different and each of us will experience the menopause differently but with similar symptoms which can vary from mild to very severe.  Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  DG x

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »

We seem to be having the same problems, and  I started a very similar thread in "Personal experiences" today. Not knowing how I will feel from day to day is sometimes driving me nuts! PMS for a couple of days, and then nothing for a while again, and then PMS again, and so on.... I've had periods pretty close together for a while now (around 30 days have been normal for me otherwise) but this time I'm on day 31 and haven't started my period yet. Feels like I will, but have been feeling like this for at least a week now... Do you have PMS?

mandypepe

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »

Thanks for replying both you. It's much appreciated. Yes, the last few periods I've had very swollen tender breasts which I've never had and the clear thick mucus in between my periods. This one I got cramps last Saturday so expected to get my period but nothing. Foggy head all week and real strong paranoia and cramps this morning but now gone. I don't have that full heavy feeling either this month that I often get before a period.

elainediva

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »

ive been like that for 3 years now, periods anything between 21-79 days this month so far i have gone 35 days
trouble is i dont know about the rest of you i get nervous about going out without protection on
i have found some cheap STs- bit thicker than panty liners, i had pms last week but it seems to have gone again
too

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »

I always called it a missed period if I'd got to the time for the next one and it still hadn't arrived. So, if your periods are 26 days apart at the minute then if you get to 52 days and still no period then it would count as a missed period. Keep a diary - it can be so helpful.

This is typical for peri menopause - very frustrating.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »

That happened to me to the point that I forget they were due as symptoms disappeared too.  If 5-6 weeks had gone by I would know that it had not turned up  ::)

elainediva

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »

im keeping a diary and writing it all in there-- dont suppose the gp will want to read it
i have noticed that some things occur every month at a certain time on the same days ie day 10 or 15 every month
so i know now it is related i didnt realise before