Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet 1mg question  (Read 1969 times)

Jube

Elleste duet 1mg question
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:13:38 PM »

I have been on elleste duet 1mg for nearly four months. I am  50 years old and had menopausal symptoms  for quite a while and elleste seems to suit me as I feel MUCH better since starting it. Have just read something that made me wonder should I take the 2mg dose? What is the difference (apart from the strength?) When I started my GP said start on the 1mg. Do you think the dosage is ok if I feel good??

peegeetip

Re: Elleste duet 1mg question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »

What did you read?

Depends on how your finding the relief side of things.

If your still having symptoms like flushes or sweats then moving to a higher amount would be better. After 4 months its unlikely to improve.

If its repair on things like going for a pee or va related then you might feel better after around 6 months, so might be best to hold off till then before deciding to up the dose.

In terms of bones the more the better. The 2mg option is what you'd be on if you were using HRT for osteoporosis treatment. Lower doses are not certified for osteoporosis treatment.

One thing to bare in mind is how you get the other 1mg.

Whether you use the 1mg or 2mg option with Elleste - the prog part is the same.

Therefore you could take a tablet with both in the morning. Then take a second estrogen only tablet with the extra 1mg in the evening. This spreads the dose over the whole day and your less likely to have a drop off in levels over night.

You could look at other options for the second 1mg also. One pump of gel would give you enough to give you that. Again you could do that in the evening before bed/after bath or shower.

That gives you a half way point for considering if Gel option would be better for you.

If you decide on just going for the 2mg elleste then thats fine too.

Lets us know what you read and what the concerns are and we can help more.

:-*