Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Am I being unreasonable? Please be honest.  (Read 18389 times)

Dorothy

Re: Am I being unreasonable? Please be honest.
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »

You are unlikely to get the 'old' you back, this is The Change of Life! 

You may not get the 'old' you back in terms of energy, but there is no reason why, with the right help, you can't regain your old interest & enthusiasm for life.  I never have the energy levels, stamina or joint flexibility that I had pre-peri, and I know my skin isn't going to magically unwrinkle and unsag!  But on a good day, when my hormones are behaving themselves, my positive, happy self pops up again, and yes, that is when I start lots of projects and brim over with ideas!

BrightLight

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2016, 07:53:18 PM »

CLKD - I don't like reading that we won't get ourselves back ;)  Agreed, not the same, but sometimes I read the comments as suggesting the 'new' us is a negative thing.  I really do hope that many many women find themselves again, once the extremes of symptoms ease.  Of course with passing years we have to adapt to changes in who we feel we are, changes in health perhaps, other things but I would rather not think about the old me and the me of now in quite such a good/bad light, black or white. Can we talk in shades of grey or even orange? ;) 

Clovie - I am hankering for a tour of the US, I have never done it.  Very exciting.  Where are you visiting?

Clovie

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2016, 11:16:15 AM »

I agree, I did get the vast majority of the old 'me' back after I began HRT, so I'm ever hopeful!!  :great:

Brightlight, we normally go to Florida, but this year we are venturing over to the west coast of the states a 3 week trip taking in Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco and we're going to drive the Pacific Coast Highway!  :banana: :banana:  Hope to feel a bit better by then, but then again a change of scene will probably help me anyway :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »

How has 2-day been?  Update us on your holiday plans in the 2016 thread, apparently I have started 2  ::)  ;D …….

BrightLight

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »

I agree, I did get the vast majority of the old 'me' back after I began HRT, so I'm ever hopeful!!  :great:

Brightlight, we normally go to Florida, but this year we are venturing over to the west coast of the states a 3 week trip taking in Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco and we're going to drive the Pacific Coast Highway!  :banana: :banana:  Hope to feel a bit better by then, but then again a change of scene will probably help me anyway :)

Now that is a trip I would really love to do - so exciting. Really hope you do feel better very soon. x

Clovie

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »

CLKD, I felt a lot better yesterday actually, so am convinced it is all hormonal anxiety as the 25mg og Amitriptyline I am taking (which doesn't even make me sleepy!  ???) can't be claiming any victories over my mood this soon!
Thanks for asking though.  :)
And I had already added to the holiday 2016 thread!  ;)

Brightlight, yes it's an exciting trip!
and thank you for your well wishes! x

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2016, 04:45:50 PM »

Let the medication do it's 'work'  ;)

Little steps!

Clovie

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »

Huh? I went to bed last night in a lot of pain, aches all over, beginning to feel something really wrong, coming down with flu etc - I've woken up today with hardly any aches, full of energy and a bright mood!!!  :D
A trip to the little girl's room has me finding the very start of a period!!!  :o :o

If I had PMS usually in the past it would last until day 3 or 4 of a period  ??? and the PMS has lasted much longer this time  ???

I'm completely flummoxed...... but happy to be feeling like the old me again, at least for today.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »

Post menstrual syndrome happens in the build up to a bleed.  Symptoms go away the moment a period begins due to the fluctuation of hormones.  As our hormones drop/alter we become more aware of our feelings >sigh<.  Don't do too much whilst you feel better, enjoy it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]