Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Week 2 of bleeding and no sign of it slowing  (Read 3092 times)

scoobylyn

Week 2 of bleeding and no sign of it slowing
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:56:56 AM »

I'm on femseven Conti patches and just started patch 7. I've been bleeding for 2 weeks now and it's getting heavier and sometimes crippling period pains that stop me in my tracks.  It's not showing any signs of slowing down.  Please tell me it's too be expected and how long it's likely to go on. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Week 2 of bleeding and no sign of it slowing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »

There is medication that your GP can prescribe that should slow/stop heavy bleeding.  You could speak to your Surgery for advice or a Pharmacist at Lloyds?  I'm sure someone will be along here too!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »

Hi scoobylyn - bleeding during the first six months is common on conti HRT especially, I think, when you are younger. I bled continuously for six months so stopped the conti and went back onto sequi where I knew when the bleed would be and also knew that it would be only light and last around three days. Would you consider that?

It sounds as if you are worried about the bleeding as well as being fed up with it (who wouldn't be?) so maybe a return to the doc is necessary to put your mind at rest and maybe take the other option you were offered of Elleste although you may still get the same problem for the first few months.

Have the meno symptoms improved?

Taz x  :hug:

scoobylyn

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 01:06:35 AM »

I'm not sure if they've improved or not.  My biggest problem was VA.  I suffer from fibromyalgia and at the moment that seems a little better.  If I get a good night sleep I'm generally more energetic.  I take tramadol and amitriptyline for that. 

The problem I have is that my GP is clueless and thinks I'm being a wimp being on HRT in the first place.  The thought of going back and telling him I'm still on the femseven instead of switching to the elleste fills me with dread. 

I know I said I'd accept periods again but this is so bloody heavy and painful. 

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »

The bleeding on conti I found to be painful but on sequi, after the first couple of bleeds, it was painless and light.

Taz x